Senior Technical Accountant (Contract)
Consultant Sabrina Yap (R1879576)
Date posted 16 April 20192019-04-16 2019-05-16 insurance Singapore SG SGD 5500 6500 6500 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Senior Technical Accountant (Contract) job opportunity has just become available with an Insurance company here in Singapore. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this project is to assist with their portfolio transition.
About the Senior Technical Accountant (Contract) Role:
In this crucial role, you will be handling the technical accounting space and supporting the Senior Accountant within reporting as well. You will process SOAs, manage the premiums through receipt allocation, adjustments and more.
- Review and premium receipt allocation (identification of policy and the actual breakdown of receipt collection if the amount is net off claims
- Timely & accurate processing of Statement of Account (SOA), Premium adjustment, Declaration, Refund Premium & Profit Commission Statement.
- Compilation of the proportional Paid Loss/Claim reserve related work into an excel template to be send to the claims team for further processing
- Monitor overdue balances & outstanding SOA
- Verification of gross premiums and losses, ensuring policies are correctly reported by their respective class of business
- Underwriting Premium & Claims
- Provision of Technical Information to Actuarial for both Group & MAS IBNR reserving
- Provision of Information wrt PRI Rec Summary to Offshore Finance Team for the preparation of Quarterly PRI QS SOA
- Involved in the external and internal audit within the organisation
To succeed in the Senior Technical Accountant (Contract) role, you are knowledgeable in the insurance space with a strong understanding of technical accounting.
- CPA qualified or equivalent accounting/insurance degree
- Minimum three years’ working experience in similar role in insurance/ reinsurance industry will be an advantage
- Good understanding of Technical Accounting & ability to apply technical aspects of local regulatory accounting
- Good IT skills (SAP, MS Office including in particular Excel)
The successful Technical Accountant will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are immediately available and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Please apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1879576 Sabrina Yap