Junior Equity Trader (Night Shift)
Salary SGD80000 - SGD120000 per annum
Consultant Pierre Pineau (R1770402)
Date posted 20 February 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Junior Equity Trader (Night Shift) job has just been made available at a boutique hedge fund which has been in operations in Singapore for more than 10 years. As part of its expansion plans, this role is expected to support one of the owners of the family office.
About the Junior Equity Trader (Night Shift) role:
Reporting directly to one of the owners, you will be responsible for executing orders on the US market.
- Execute buy and sell orders as directed by the designated Portfolio Managers
- Manage trading relationships with brokers in all jurisdictions in which the company invests on behalf of its funds
- Provide a daily morning update of overnight company, market and economic news
- Gather and communicate to the Research Department market information relevant to the funds’ holdings including news and research on companies, industries and macro variables.
- Monitor price movements on holdings in all portfolios
- Maintain contact with third party service providers including prime brokers and administrators
- Act as primary liaison with trading-platform service providers
- Attend investment policy meetings as required and read all in-house research
- Be available upon request to do all the above outside of normal working occasions whenever the company holds investments on behalf of the funds which are in non-Asian jurisdictions
To succeed in this Junior Equity Trader (Night Shift) role, you should have prior direct experience and be open to working night shfits. You should also be reliable with the ability to work independently.
- Strong academic grades from reputable institutions, ideally in accounting or finance
- A minimum of one year's experience is required for this role
- Strong product knowledge in equities, futures, options, FX and swaps
- Ability to read and write English, at a native level
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
This boutique hedge fund offers great learning potential. They have a strong people-focused culture. This hedge fund offers a great working environment and promotes from within – for an outstanding individual, career progression opportunities are outstanding.
If you are a passionate and driven Junior Equity Trader seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this role is for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770402 Pierre Pineau