Chief Financial Officer, Family Office
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Alex Martin (R1871250)
Date posted 29 November 20192019-11-29 2020-01-28 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 250000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting CFO job opportunity has become available at a prestigious Singapore-based family office.
About the CFO Role:
As the CFO, you will report to the Executive Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, leading a finance team in ensuring appropriate, financial controls, reporting, liquidity management/asset allocation and portfolio construction.
- Develop and maintain appropriate corporate policies across the company’s group of companies including but not limited to dividend policies; and board governance-related framework and code of conduct
- Actively lead shareholder, board and investment committee engagement by ensuring proper provision of information necessary for decision making and that overall strategy and business direction are aligned with the group’s long-term performance targets, missions and visions
- Plan, coordinate, prioritise and progress management overall work-plan in line with key priorities identified by board and shareholders. Ensure alignment of MC and board agenda
- Ensure alignment of management and team’s KPIs to the group’s long-term performance targets, missions and visions
- Assist CIO (and working closely with the investment teams) in portfolio construction, capital allocation and deployment, giving consideration to the company’s long term investment goals and risk parameters
- Develop and maintain staff related policies (e.g. hiring, performance appraisal, training, career development and benefits, etc.)
- Responsible for all of the group's accounting, corporate finance, banking, tax, treasury, systems and information technology matters
- Overall responsible for group risk with respect to balance sheets, operations, governance and reputation
- Lead and manage the FAO team. Provide positive role model and deliver the team’s collective KPIs
- overall responsible for the group's finances and the maintenance of accounting records and statutory reporting
- Ensure that all financial reports on the group trading and investment activities are accurately booked and reconciled in accordance with applicable accounting standards
- Ensure that the group’s (management) financial statements (quarterly and annually) are completed on a timely basis, and in compliance with all accounting standards
- Ensure that tax and statutory filings for the group are completed on a timely basis, and in compliance with regulation
- Ensure that all the financial/status/trading reports on the individual company and portfolio manager's investment and trading activities are accurately recorded
- Responsible for treasury function which includes liquidity, funding, financing and cash flow management, balance sheet asset/liability management and hedging strategy
- Manage the company's finance related relationships with its external parties including auditors, tax advisers and bankers
- Remain up-to-date on applicable regulations, rules and laws relating to the financial, investment, tax and ownership aspects of the group
To succeed in this CFO role, you must be a highly experienced accounting professional who works well with ambiguity in a fast-paced business that is in a period of change.
- Qualified CPA. CFA and MBA a plus
- Around 15 - 20 years of relevant work experience
- Previous work experience in an asset/fund management or investment company is advantageous
- Company secretary and past real estate experience is advantageous
- Well versed in statutory, regulatory and compliance requirements
- Investment savvy, have excellent business acumen and a keen following on investment trends in both public and private markets
- High market and industry awareness
- Good global market, geopolitical awareness
This family office is a multibillion dollar investment business with a multifaceted long-term investment portfolio.
If you’re looking to be part of a highly successful investment business, working with some of the best and most prolific institutional investors in the market today – please reach out and apply for this Chief Financial Officer, Family Office role.
Apply now to learn more.