Salary SGD120000 - SGD180000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 11 October 20192019-10-11 2019-12-10 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Internal Auditor job has just been made available at an international bank based in Singapore. This position is responsible for the delivery of audit reports in a timely manner, providing information on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls at the bank and the quality of the bank operating performances against the established standards.
About the Internal Auditor Role:
In this Internal Auditor role, you will assist the management to complete the annual audit schedule of the Singapore branch by preparing reports to the head office and local regulators on audit outcomes and findings, and working with various departments in order to conduct sound audits.
- Provide written audit reports and documentation on the review results of the branch functional sections in accordance with the annual audit work plan, producing recommendations for management
- Assist in performing high level reviews of new product proposals by ensuring significant risks and required internal controls are adequately highlighted to management for consideration
- Prepare periodic audit tracking to the internal audit function and participate in relevant committees in the branch as an audit observer to identify any potential risks to the bank
- Prepare, review and refine audit programmes, audit procedures and methods wherever necessary for the conduct of the internal audit activities
- Work with colleagues in the region to share best practice in audit processes and support the implementation of best practices, developing recommendations for continuous improvement in the region
- Support in developing and updating policies as well as guidelines to ensure alignment with all relevant regulations and maintain good working knowledge of industry trends, products, relevant laws and regulations
To succeed in this Internal Auditor role, you should have a good experience in conducting audits within set guidelines and presenting findings to senior management, and identifying various risks to the business and control areas within the banking industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Relevant internal audit experience in a senior auditing capacity within an international banking environment
- Good working knowledge of relevant banking laws, MAS regulations and familiarity in other departments e.g. treasury, corporate finance, market and credit risk management and all operations supporting the bank
- An affiliation with a recognised audit organisation and knowledge of auditing principles/standards (i.e. IIA) required. IT auditing skills/knowledge is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills to interpret audit findings and suggest recommendations based on findings
- Strong communication and presentation skills in order to present findings to senior management
This leading international bank is highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support their growth and this role will be crucial for them.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Internal Auditor position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn