VP Finance, Asia
Salary SGD250000 - SGD300000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Alex Martin (R1871250)
Date posted 10 October 20192019-10-10 2019-12-09 insurance Singapore SG SGD 250000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting VP Finance, Asia role has become available at a global insurance leader in Singapore. This role looks after the Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Australia markets.
About the VP Finance, Asia Role:
Reporting to the SVP – Finance in Europe, you will be responsible for ensuring the highest standard of financial operations and control, leading a world-class finance function. You will also be working closely with the President of Asia Pacific and country managers to pull together the APAC financial plans and budget, as well as regular business analytics to drive the business in the region.
- Leading the finance teams in the region, comprising financial reporting, finance operations and credit control as well as management of outsourced finance partners in Malaysia and Australia, to ensure accurate and timely reporting of all required deliverables
- Leading the development and operation of a strong and robust financial control environment that ensures SOX compliance; legislative and regulatory compliance, including statutory and tax reporting; awareness of and adherence to good financial practice and minimisation of financial risks; and true and fair external audit opinions with no adverse material findings
- Reviewing, assessing, challenging and making recommendations on local business plans and cases to ensure they are financially sound and commercially appropriate
- Directing the development and operation of a financial management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision-making at all levels
- Identifying opportunities to exploit increased synergy and standardisation of financial processes, practices and services across the business or region in order to maximise effectiveness and efficiency
- Being a catalyst for change, ability to analyse and assess financial processes and identify areas of opportunity to enhance efficiency and productivity through process re-engineering and automation of existing manual tasks
- Monitoring business performance against agreed plans, targets and budgets, working with the Asia Pacific management team to identify and take timely and appropriate action to address performance issues and/or capitalise on opportunities arising
To succeed in this VP Finance, Asia role, you will need to be a highly experienced (re)insurance finance expert with Singapore experience, at minimum. You will need to have extensive experience leading and developing full function finance teams, achieving operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CPA or equivalent) with at least 10 years' post-qualification experience, and at least five years working in a regional Asia/APAC capacity
- Strong organisational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Goal-oriented and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Accounting experience in the (re)insurance industry is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills especially at senior levels of the organisation
- Experience in dealing/liaising with regional (re)insurance regulators (MAS, APRA, HK IA and Labuan FSA)
- Ability to lead and work effectively with in-country and remote teams
- Relevant IFRS reporting experience
This global insurance firm is a leader insurance and reinsurance solutions with offices around the world. Candidates joining this business can look forward to being in an organisation that prizes collaboration, diversity, and development.
If you’re an experienced Insurance finance professional looking for an opportunity to work in one of the leading global insurance organisations, this VP Finance, Asia position could be your next role.
Follow the link to apply to this role and get in touch with us.