Salary SGD36000 - SGD42000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 23 September 20192019-09-23 2019-11-22 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 36000 42000 42000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A great opportunity has just become available as an Accountant at an established trading commodities company, based in Singapore. In this job, you will be responsible for handling and preparing the month-end close process, reviewing and analysing all accounting data on performance, financial position, liquidity and cash flows of the business.
About the Accountant Role:
As the Accountant, you will prepare the annual financial statements, be responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual closing/reporting, produce tax-related documents and any ad hoc duties assigned. This role will help prepare the businesses financials and regulatory requirements in a timely manner and there will be a keen focus on governance, controls and process improvements.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and analysis for reporting to local management and head office, tax-related documents and handling of the annual statutory audit and annual accounts with local government regulations
- Review and maintain internal control over accounting records entries in the accounting system including daily bank reconciliation, regulatory capital reports, payments, accruals and receipts and inter-company billings
- Prepare and review month-end closing, balance sheet schedules including balance sheet reconciliations, local corporate tax returns, transfer pricing documentation and administer GST quarterly returns
- Manage treasury and cash management functions and liaise with bankers
- Prepare and review all periodic regulatory reports to SGX, MAS and other local authorities, ensuring that these processes are compliant with regulatory requirements e.g. SOX
- Be a key participant in the implementation of the new system improvements and projects
- Review of existing procedures, seeking to refine and automate where possible, implementing relevant regulations and accounting policies that may have an impact on measured capital adequacy
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong track record of financial accounting, strong capability in internal controls, taxation, some basic knowledge of accounting and enterprise experience with Chinese companies.
- Qualified Accountant with a bachelor’s degree in accountancy or finance
- Relevant experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, audit and full set of financial accounting, preferably in the commodities or commodities trading industry
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Mandarin, in order to liaise with mandarin-speaking associates from Taiwan and Mainland China
- Proficient in Excel and Macros with good knowledge of accounting software e.g. Oracle PeopleSoft and SAP
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and set/meet deadline
This trading commodities company is highly-focused on onboarding the right talent to support their growth and this role will be crucial for them.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Accountant position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn