Product Controller - Valuations Risk Control
Salary Market aligned
Consultant Sabrina Yap (R1879576)
Date posted 11 September 20192019-09-11 2019-10-11 banking Singapore SG SGD 8000 9700 9700 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A challenging and exciting new opportunity has just opened up at a large corporate banking and financial services company. Covering a range of business areas within APAC, this Product Controller - Valuations Risk Control is a great opportunity to leverage your valuations knowledge.
About the Product Controller - Valuations Risk Control Role:
In this business-critical role, the Product Controller - Valuations Risk Control will execute the independent inventory valuation control aspects of product control's primary role as the financial guardians of the bank's sales and trading activities.
- Formulate and conduct independent price verification (IPV) processes
- Review the appropriateness of valuation methodology and ensure trades are valued using approved valuation methodology
- Provide in-depth analysis and commentary for price testing and performing unauthorised trading detection controls
- Support audit and regulatory requirements
- Support pre-trade and material Day 1 PL reviews from a valuations control perspective
- Contribute to the valuation governance processes and supporting the relevant product valuations working groups
- Present summary level analysis to global product head
- Review and challenge IPV results received from offshore deployment centres
- Support innovation and build new solutions to improve processes and controls
To succeed in this Product Controller - Valuations Risk Control role, you will need to be a product controller with five to seven years of experience working with valuations or have a strong working knowledge of credit products. As this is a role that will provide oversight and supervision of VB responsibilities, understanding the ins and outs of PC is required.
- Minimum five years' valuations control, risk, product control, or structured middle office related functions
- Strong product knowledge (Credit, Rates, FX Derivatives)
- Professional communications skills and ability to articulate complex issues to senior stakeholders
- Strong Excel skills and working knowledge of VBAs
- Knowledge of Python or R programming is a plus
This role sits within a team of eight in Singapore and covers the valuations review and controls for a number of regional teams, including but not limited to: APAC FID, APAC Treasury, APAC Investor Products and more. Joining this team will afford you the opportunity in a regional role and exposure to teams and business throughout APAC.
If you are keen on learning more about the role, please apply today!
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1879576 Sabrina Yap