Financial Reporting Manager
Salary SGD100000 - SGD130000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 26 July 20192019-07-26 2019-09-24 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 100000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A great job opportunity has just been made available as a Financial Reporting Manager at a leading reinsurance firm, based in Singapore. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the local financial reporting process and all statutory filings such as submission of MAS returns, audited annual financial statements and tax returns.
About the Financial Reporting Manager Role:
As the Financial Reporting Manager, you will be accountable for the Singapore branch’s local statutory ledgers and statutory reporting. Furthermore, you will be overseeing the treasury function, group and local financial reporting and all statutory filings for the Singapore branch of a related company.
- Provide timely and accurate completion of deliverables to the regulator (e.g. MAS returns, SFRS accounts)
- Manage the accounts which include overseeing the treasury function, capital requirement, monthly closing process and its internal/external reporting for the related company of the Singapore branch
- Handle all tax compliance including reviewing of corporate tax computation, GST returns, withholding taxes, prepare the transfer pricing and other tax filings/related documentation as well as queries from IRAS
- Review all technical accounting and other adjustments journals for local ledgers
- Manage and coordinate with internal departments and external parties on closing matters and any ad hoc requests/queries
- Review current finance processes, identifying and implementing initiatives for continuous improvement, regularly updating finance controls and process documents
- Establish, implement, and monitor internal controls and policies to ensure compliance with internal, tax and statutory accounting, regulatory requirements and regulations
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong track record of financial accounting, robust knowledge of Singapore FRS, excellent understanding of tax regulations and have a strong sense of internal controls.
- A Qualified Accountant with bachelor’s degree in accountancy or finance
- Relevant accounting or financial reporting experience, working in either life and non-life re/insurance
- Expert in reporting under multiple accounting frameworks preferred, particularly Singapore FRS and MAS regulatory framework
- Good understanding of corporate, GST and withholding tax regulations
- Organised, meticulous with an eye for detail, deadline focused and able to work with minimum supervision
- Work well in a team environment
This global reinsurer is highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support their growth and this role will be crucial for them.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Financial Reporting Manager position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn