Salary SGD110000 - SGD140000 per annum + Market aligned
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 26 July 20192019-07-26 2019-09-24 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 110000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A great opportunity has just been made available as a Finance Manager at a leading reinsurance firm based in Singapore. In this role you will be responsible for supporting senior management and financial operations and reporting teams on finance projects such as IFRS 17 and USGAAP targeted improvement projects.
About the Finance Manager Role:
As the Finance Manager, you will oversee the Asia business units’ finance operation ensuring deliverables to stakeholders are timely, accurate, complete and compliant with relevant accounting and taxation principles for the respective reporting bases.
• Provide timely and accurate completion of deliverables the branch’s main (USGAAP) and secondary ledgers (IFRS, Solvency II and Economic Capital)
• Be the point of contact for group accounting treatment of IFRS 17 and USGAAP LDTI, and provide advice to the business on the accounting treatments that comply with the new standards
• Support Asia business units' reporting obligations in line with the IFRS17 and USGAAP accounting standards
• Prepare reconciliations to ensure that IFRS and US GAAP ledgers are fairly stated after the changes
• Review monthly and quarterly internal financial reports, tax journals and reconciliations, providing support to the team in any other closing related matters
• Work on finance system enhancements and new systems implementation, participating in user’s acceptance testing where required
• Manage the operations of the finance team and coach finance staff by enhancing their technical and operations knowledge
• Review current finance processes, identifying and implementing initiatives for continuous improvement, regularly updating finance controls and process documents
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong track record of working on finance projects, good understanding of IFRS 17 and IFRS reporting, experience in USGAAP and Solvency II reporting and have a very strong sense of internal controls.
• A qualified accountant with a bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance
• Relevant financial operations and reporting experience, working in either life and non-life reinsurance
• Experience of being in a managerial role, looking after a small team
• Expert in reporting under multiple accounting frameworks preferred, particularly IFRS 17 and IFRS reporting
• Strong experience in USGAAP and Solvency II reporting
• Organised, meticulous with an eye for detail, deadline focused and able to work with minimum supervision
• Able to work well in a team environment
This global reinsurer is highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support their growth and this role will be crucial for them.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Finance Manager position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today or call me to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn