Technical Accounting Manager
Salary SGD84000 - SGD108000 per annum + Market aligned
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 02 July 20192019-07-02 2019-08-31 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 84000 108000 108000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A great opportunity has just been made available as a Technical Accounting Manager at a leading reinsurance service provider, based in Singapore. In this role, you will supervise the administration of client accounts for the company, providing an efficient, cost-effective, customer-focused service of the highest quality to both internal and external clients.
About the Technical Accounting Manager Role:
As the Technical Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the senior analysts and analysts and processing a proportion of client accounts. Furthermore, you will ensure that the team delivers all aspects of the technical accounts operations process, managing the team activities and it’s workflow.
• Ensure accurate and timely administration and accounting / processing of Life & Non-Life business
• Handle correspondences and debt collection, ensuring payment transactions with our clients are processed
• Recording all transactions into the system in a timely manner, ensuring that all details e.g. premium charged, commission rate etc. are accurate before confirming the accounts with cedants
• Ensure settlements are made on a timely basis and in accordance with treaty conditions and all policies are within treaty capacity
• Work closely with Corporate Actuarial and Finance teams to ensure the provision of accurate data for quarterly valuation and reporting
• Maintain adequate documentation of internal processes and ensure compliance with internal guidelines
• Monitor key performance indicators such as overdue balances and outstanding statement of accounts
• Develop the team to help achieve their full potential and ensure team members are motivated, performing to the high standards set
• Lead and support projects and other ad-hoc tasks as assigned
To succeed in this Technical Accounting Manager role, you should have experience in Insurance (preferably Life Insurance) with a thorough knowledge of reinsurance technical accounting, client data management practices and management reporting.
• Qualified accountant with a bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance
• Relevant experience within the insurance / reinsurance industry, with good working knowledge of insurance finance, valuation, pricing, underwriting and claims
• Able to lead projects and perform business process re-engineering techniques for various accounting topic initiatives
• Hands-on experience with SAP will be advantageous; Successful track record of managing a team of staff is preferred
• Good team-player with attention for detail and the willingness to share knowledge
This global reinsurance firm is highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support their growth and this role will be crucial for them.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Technical Accounting Manager position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn