Senior Internal Auditor
Salary SGD160000 - SGD220000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 21 June 20192019-06-21 2019-08-20 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 160000 220000 220000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior Internal Auditor role has just been made available at one of the world’s leading global banks based in Singapore. In this job, you will focus on consumer banking and being responsible for the delivery of audit reports including completing risk assessments and performing business monitoring, in accordance with established IA methodology and professional auditing standards.
About the Senior Internal Auditor Role:
In this Senior Internal Auditor role, you will be responsible for developing and executing a robust audit plan for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations. Proactively communicating audit results and providing control related advice to business stakeholders as well as planning, executing and documenting the results of the audits conducted, working with stakeholders and audit colleagues in the regional audit teams in developing a strong control environment.
- Lead and implement an audit programme of coverage of the quality and effectiveness of the internal control framework, risk management, regulatory compliance and governance systems
- Lead, plan, execute and document audits to a high standard in accordance with department and professional standards, ensuring audits are completed timely, and within the allocated budget
- Identify risks, follow up on specific audit issues and proactively identifying causes of issues as part of a risk-based audit programme in close partnership with the wider audit team
- Develop and partner with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment, analysing risks whilst adding value by providing recommendations for improvement where weaknesses are identified
- Apply comprehensive expertise in several business projects, leveraging this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams and pro-actively assisting the business on change initiatives
- Lead the professional development of Internal Audit staff, building an effective team in order to manage an integrated internal audit and assurance delivery
- Develop effective senior line management relationships and have a strong understanding of the business
- Analyse reporting findings, recommending appropriate interventions where needed and creating pragmatic solutions to risk and control problems
- Implement and execute an effective programme of continuous auditing for assigned areas, including monitoring key metrics to identify control issues and adverse trends, updating policies to ensure alignment with all relevant regulations
To succeed in this Senior Internal Auditor role, you should possess strong auditing skills, a solid business understanding of consumer products, and understanding of diverse internal control systems within a financial institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance and/or other relevant professional qualifications, eg ACA, CPA etc.
- Relevant internal audit experience within the banking industry with proven abilities to manage a complex and critical unit of a medium-sized team of Internal Audit professionals
- Strong understanding of audit methodology, internal control concepts and possess leadership skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and approachable individual with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient & effective manner and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, flexible and adaptable to dynamically changing work environments, including travel (up to 25%) where necessary
You will be joining a global bank whose expertise has made them one of world's biggest banks. This well-recognised brand offers a range of exciting and diverse career possibilities.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Senior Internal Auditor job is the role for you. You will be part of a positive working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn