Salary SGD80000 - SGD90000 per annum
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 22 May 20192019-05-22 2019-07-21 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 80000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A great opportunity has just been made available as an Accountant VP at a global financial services leader, based in Singapore. In this job you will responsible for handling & preparing the month end close process, reviewing and analysing all accounting data on performance, financial position, liquidity and cash flows of the business.
About the Accountant VP Role:
As the Accountant VP, you will prepare the annual financial statements, have responsibility for monthly, quarterly and annual closing/reporting, produce tax related documents and any ad-hoc duties assigned. The role will help prepare the businesses financial & regulatory requirements in a timely manner and there will be a keen focus on governance, controls and process improvements.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and analysis for reporting to local management and Head office, tax related documents and handle the annual statutory audit and annual accounts with local government regulations
- Review and maintain internal control over accounting records entries in the accounting system including daily bank reconciliation, regulatory capital reports, payments, accruals and receipts and intercompany billings
- Prepare and review month-end closing, balance sheet schedules including balance sheet reconciliations, local corporate tax returns, transfer pricing documentation and administer GST Quarterly Returns
- Manage treasury and cash management functions and liaise with bankers
- Prepare and review all periodic regulatory reports to SGX, MAS and other local authorities, ensuring that these processes are compliant with regulatory requirements e.g. SOX
- Be a key participant in the implementation of the new system improvements and projects
- Review of existing procedures, seeking to refine and automate where possible, implementing relevant regulations and accounting policies that may have an impact on measured capital adequacy
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong track record of financial accounting, strong capability in internal control, taxation, regulatory requirements by MAS and SGX and be up to date with respect to important industry trends including IFRS rule changes, etc.
- A Qualified Accountant with Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance
- Relevant experience in local regulatory reporting, audit and full set of financial accounting, preferably in a financial services company
- Technical and practical knowledge of statutory & regulatory requirements
- Proficient in Excel & Macros with good knowledge of accounting software e.g. Oracle PeopleSoft and SAP
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to work independently and set/meet deadline
This global financial services firm is highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support their growth and this role will be crucial for them.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Accountant VP position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn