Senior Finance Executive
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 25 April 20192019-04-25 2019-06-24 insurance 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters
A great opportunity has just been made available as a Senior Finance Executive at a leading reinsurance firm, based in Singapore. In this job you will be responsible for the maintenance of the general ledger for monthly, quarterly and annual closing of accounts and preparation of reports for internal financial reporting.
About the Senior Finance Executive Role:
As the Senior Finance Executive, you will be assisting in delivering the overall financial management & reporting of the Reinsurance business in Asia, maintaining a stable and reliable technical accounting closing process. Furthermore, you’ll provide support across the regional accounting teams and run finance-related systems improvement projects & initiatives.
- Coordinate the month-end, quarter-end and year-end technical close process, preparing the technical accounting journals in accordance to US GAAP and IFRS
- Prepare all necessary reconciliations & tax journals for the main ledgers and secondary ledgers to ensure that the general ledger is fairly stated
- Consolidate the quarterly results presentations for US GAAP and liaise with internal departments in order to prepare monthly & quarterly internal reports
- Assist in the management of the cashflow & capital projections to ensure that there is sufficient cash for operational needs and be the primary backup for Accounts Payable function
- Support in any finance related projects including SAP and PeopleSoft for the operations and finance ledgers
- Proactively assess the periodic reporting processes and deliverables, proposing areas for improvement and efficiency
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong track record of financial accounting, technical accounting closing process, strong knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS, strong sense of internal controls and a dedicated professional to strengthen the team.
- A Qualified Accountant with Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance
- Relevant Accounting or Financial Reporting experience, working in both life and non-life re/insurance
- Expert in reporting under multiple accounting frameworks preferred, particularly US GAAP and IFRS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office) and account software e.g. Oracle PeopleSoft and SAP
- Strong communication skills, organised, deadline focused, meticulous with an eye for detail and able to develop effective working relationships with a broad range of partners
This global reinsurer is highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support their growth and this role will be crucial for them.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Senior Finance Executive position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn