Salary SGD140000 - SGD165000 per annum
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 22 April 20192019-04-22 2019-06-21 financial-services 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters
An exciting Financial Controller role has just been made available at a global brokerage firm, based in Singapore. In this position you will be responsible for coordinating the month end close process, analysis of results, running operational improvement projects and reporting to senior management.
About the Financial Controller Role:
As the Financial Controller, you will prepare the annual financial statements, responsibility for/supervise monthly, quarterly and annual closing/reporting, produce tax related documents and any ad-hoc duties assigned. The role is expected to have a keen focus on governance, controls, process improvements and automation.
- Manage the month end close process to achieve accuracy of financial accounts and ensure datelines are met
- Ensure finance controls are reviewed and signed off on time, this includes covering bank reconciliation, revenue and accounts receivable reconciliation, balance sheet reconciliation, etc
- Lead the team to prepare statutory accounts on time and liaise with auditors to ensure accuracy & timeliness including ACRA filing
- Ensure financial reports are accurate and timely including taxation to regional teams, group finance and IRAS
- Be a key participant in finance systems projects, covering new system implementation, system enhancements and user acceptance testing
- Supervise accounts receivable collectors to ensure provisions of bad debts are adequate
- Review general ledger postings in the system and maintain relevance & consistency to Group Finance standards
To succeed in the role, you must possess strong organisational, interpersonal and communication abilities.
- A Qualified Accountant with Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance
- Relevant experience as a finance manager or within financial control and leading a team is an advantage
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-changing environment
- Has the ability to use own initiative to identify any problems and deliver solutions, with a high level of attention to detail
This leading brokerage firm whose expertise have made them one of world's biggest in its industry is highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support their growth and this role will be crucial for them.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Financial Controller position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn