Consultant Sabrina Yap (R1879576)
Date posted 28 November 2018 2018-11-282018-12-28 insurance 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Technical Accountant job has been released at one of the top 50 ranked Reinsurance companies in Singapore. As you would be reporting directly to the Assistant Manager of the Technical Underwriting Operations, this job affords you the opportunity to expand on your knowledge within the field.
About the Technical Accountant Role:
With presence in the global market, they are looking for experienced Technical Accountants to assist with the facultative and treaty businesses as well as assist on outstanding loss reserves.
Facultative Technical Accounting:
- Booking of Premium Closings for Assumed Business
- Ensure accuracy of the Technical Bookings in the Reinsurance System
- Ensure timely Quarterly and Financial Year end Technical Closing
Treaty Technical Accounting:
- Checking and booking of Statement of Accounts, MinDep Premium and Profit Commission Statements, Sliding Scale Commission Statement
- Monitor receipt of, statements of accounts, premium adjustments, profit commissions statement, Sliding Scale Commission Statement
- Monitor outstanding premium reserves releases and Cash Call Refunds
- Ensure timely Monthly and Financial Year end Technical Closing
Outstanding Loss Reserves:
Book outstanding loss figures provided in treaty statement
- Ensure proper filing and documentation within the Technical Accounting Department
- Ensure timely month end closing/daily interface of bookings to SAP
- Ensure adherence to company’s standards, policies and procedures
To succeed in the Technical Accountant role, you will need to have strong working experience within the reinsurance/insurance industry to be able to understand premiums and technical closings.
- Preferably Diploma in Accountancy and/or Reinsurance Certification
- Proficient in Mandarin as many contracts are from the China Market
- Five years' relevant experience in re/insurance technical accounting
- Strong Reinsurance Technical Accounting knowledge and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, independent, meticulous, adapt to changes and positive attitude
- Strong working experience with SAP and Microsoft Office
This reinsurance company is one of the worlds top 50 reinsurance companies for the past nine years. Headquartered in Singapore, the have a global reach throughout the APAC areas with offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, India, Japan and more. They provide a range of reinsurance solutions for large and complex risks for a variety of different markets from agriculture to natural disasters to engineering.
If you are eager to join a well-established company and expand on your career, this is the role for you. This is a great opportunity to expand on your Technical accountant skills.
Apply to discuss this opportunity today!
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1879576 Sabrina Yap