Salary SGD40000 - SGD54000 per annum
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 26 September 2018 2018-09-262018-11-25 financial-services 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Technical Accountant job has just been made available at a global reinsurance firm based in Singapore. This role will play an active role in the achievement of the business objectives particularly in the recording, maintenance and completeness of reinsurance risk records.
About the Technical Accountant Role:
As the Technical Accountant, you will be responsible for ensuring that underwriting data is captured accurately and in a timely manner on the system, maintaining accurate up to date files and checking of slips, closings and endorsements.
- Provide technical and administrative support in the capture of reinsurance risk records on the company underwriting platform, accurately and within stipulated time frames
- Manage the take-up of contract process, putting in the premiums, monitoring the receipt of various statements, processing and booking statements into the ledger
- Own the processes relating to receipt and checking of closings documentation and liaising as required with cedants and intermediaries and booking the closings into the ledger
- Provide assistance on premium reviews, reconciliation, unallocated premiums and the associated amendments required on the underwriting platform
- Interpret underwriting slips in core areas for various lines of business for the data entry processes at a processing level
- Organise, maintain and process accurate and complete information both electronically and in the set-up of physical underwriting files
To succeed in the Technical Accountant role, you will need to have a strong background in ensuring timely quarterly and financial year-end technical accounting closing.
- A qualified accountant with Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance
- Relevant experience in an accounting or data entry related role environment, preferably within an insurance or reinsurance business
- Excellent analytical, numerical and strong data manipulation skills
- Proven ability to work independently and take ownership of responsibilities
This leading reinsurance firm is one of the world's biggest in its industry. It is highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support its growth and this role will be crucial for the firm.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Technical Accountant position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn