Legal Entity Controller
Salary SGD75000 - SGD85000 per annum
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 24 August 2018 2018-08-242018-10-23 financial-services 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Legal Entity Controller job has just been made available at a global investment bank based in Singapore. This role is an integral part of the finance team and the main responsibilities is to produce management reports for daily regulatory monitoring and producing MAS reporting and Head Office reporting.
About the Legal Entity Controller Role:
As the Legal Entity Controller, you will be required to interact and collaborate with the business to develop innovative ways to add shareholder value. This is achieved by striving to execute in a consistent and timely manner, and by implementing best practices globally across the division.
- Production of MAS regulatory reporting including preparing the calculation of capital adequacy ratio (CAR) under MAS Notice 1111
- Prepare and complete month-end Head Office reporting including profit and loss analysis, balance sheet movements and intercompany mismatches
- Work with the VP to develop and set up controlling tools ensuring data integrity and completeness for accurate and timely regulatory reporting submission
- Prepare and submit local regulatory tax filings including indirect and direct tax, working in close consultation with the Tax Director
- Support queries from external auditors during annual compliance audit
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts under Singapore accounting standards
- Involvement in finance projects initiatives around reporting changes and controls, process reviews and system enhancements
To succeed in this Legal Entity Controller role, you should have strong control and financial reporting skills and excellent financial accounting knowledge on banking products. A positive and enthusiastic approach is essential, along with excellent communication skills in both formal and informal settings.
- A qualified accountant with a bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance
- Relevant working experience in investment banks of which related working experience in Singapore Banking regulatory team is a strong advantage but essential
- Ability to work well in a team and maintain good relationships with team members
- Able to show initiative and diligence with working in a high pressure and challenging environment
- Proactive and accountable with a strong ability to multi-task
This global financial services firm has an expertise that has made it a leader in its industry. It is highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support its growth and this role will be crucial for the firm.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Legal Entity Controller position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn