Salary SGD84000 - SGD120000 per annum
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 19 June 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Senior Accountant job has just been made available at one of the world’s leading insurance firms based in Singapore. You will be involved in the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, which include the monthly and quarterly closing, timely and accurate preparation of management reports, ensuring compliance to company’s requirements and statutory reporting to MAS.
About the Senior Accountant Role:
You will participate in technical accounting of month-end closing activities, reconciling premium bookings in the underwriting system as well as posting to the general ledger as well as checking and processing statements of account.
- Computing and posting of unearned premium and deferred acquisition cost into the general ledger
- Reconciling paid claim and claim reserve posting in the underwriting system and posting to the general ledger
- Reviewing and preparing of balance sheet schedule
- Support in the quarterly close off checks (ageing, outstanding SOA, etc.) and cooperating closely with Reinsurance, Claims and External Actuarial teams
- Responsible for the timely and accurate submission of quarterly and annual MAS reporting (including risk charge computation) in accordance to MAS regulatory requirements
- Prepare the statutory accounts in accordance with Group's policy and SFRS requirements
- Responsible for completing the annual and ad-hoc surveys from the local regulator (Survey of Services, GIA, Department of Statistics, MAS)
- Preparation and submission of quarterly GST returns as well as annual corporate tax reporting for the company, ensuring proper tax filing, timely submission to IRAS and to resolve any outstanding issues with IRAS
- Involved in month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process and involved in the external and internal audit within the organisation
- Consistently improving internal controls, business and system processes to improve efficiency within the department ensuring compliance with new accounting standard IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
To succeed in this Senior Accountant role, you should have a good understanding of the insurance industry and MAS regulatory reporting standards.
- A qualified Accountant with a bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance
- Good understanding of the insurance industry and MAS regulatory reporting standards
- Good understanding of technical accounting and an ability to apply technical aspects of local regulatory accounting
- Driven, able to work independently in an efficient manner and keen to take on new responsibilities
- Experience preparing audit files, statutory financial statements, regulatory returns and liaising with external auditors
This global insurance firm is a well-recognised brand that offers a range of exciting and diverse career possibilities.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Senior Accountant job is the role for you. You will be part of a positive working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn