Salary SGD108000 - SGD120000 per annum
Consultant Mabelene Ang (R1544508)
Date posted 08 February 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Senior Accountant job in Singapore has just been made available at an international insurance company.
About the Senior Accountant role:
Leading a team of two, you will be responsible for providing financial, business and operational support, including ensuring that the underlying books and records of the company accurately reflect the business results.
- Responsible for the accounts payable (AP) function, including supervision of employees involved with AP invoice processing, travel management system and the corporate credit card provider
- Perform complex financial accounting work for the non-insurance Asia entities including journals, reconciliations, financial statements preparation and external audit liaison
- Responsible for GST / VAT / WHT accounting, reconciliations, returns and payments as well as ensuring compliance with relevant transfer pricing requirements for non-insurance Asia entities
- Perform or coordinate expense budgets and forecasts, cost allocations and intercompany settlements
- Perform internal analysis and reporting to support management decision making
- Conduct analysis on the new rules or requirements and identify the effects on accounting policies, practices and procedures
To succeed in the Senior Accountant role, you need to have good knowledge of GAAP and SAP as well as a good understanding of financial systems.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or equivalent
- Professional certification (CPA, CMA, CIA, CISA etc)
- At least 10 years' relevant experience in accounting, finance and business support, preferably in the insurance industry
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting principles and practices with technical specialisation in one or more areas
- Excellent written and communications skills in English
- Ability to contribute to a team, make firm decisions and express well-considered opinions
- Meticulous, independent and able to work under pressure
- Ability to successfully work in and adapt to a variety of cultures in a fast moving internal / external environment whilst learning on the job
- Proficiency in financial systems and standard software applications such as Peoplesoft and Microsoft Office products.
This insurer needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of business. The people-centric environment offers you a range of exciting career opportunities.
If you have strong analytical skills and a problem solver, and want to take the leadership role as your next step in your career, this is a great opportunity.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1544508 Mabelene Ang