Valuation Control Specialist
Consultant Leanne Nettleship (R1215829)
Date posted 08 March 2017
This Valuation Control Specialist role sits within the Global Valuations team of a large investment bank. You will be primarily involved in looking after the valuation of illiquid products within their Global Credit Trading portfolio.
About the Valuation Control Specialist Role:
The primary function of the Global Valuation Group (GVG APAC) is to ensure the integrity and control over all aspects of the valuation of the bank’s trading portfolios in the APAC region. This includes valuation reviews of products such as private equity, debt, distressed debt, structured private financing, credit hybrid derivatives, structured loans and asset backed financing. Experience with IFRS 7 level 3 (illiquid) assets, and the valuation of these types of trades is a must.
- Develop an understanding and identification of the key valuation risk areas and understand the nature and risks of the transactions, their key valuation drivers and establish a valuation risk assessment framework
- Liaise with Trading, Senior Finance management, Market Risk Management, internal/external audit and regulators on valuation issues as they arise
- Review and validate Trading valuation models and assumptions. Independent modelling of transactions may also be periodically required
- Detailed analysis of the transaction encompassing review of company financial statements and cash flow model, as well as internal Bank and external sources of information such as industry and credit reports, and independent consultant reports
- Ensure all aspects of the valuation review and control process are adequately documented for internal and external requirements. Manage the monthly/quarterly valuation review process
- Develop and implement a consistent methodology and process across all business areas for the independent valuation assessment of complex structured transactions
- Assess the technical issues pertaining to IFRS 7 level 3 asset valuation including modelling, market data, calibration, etc
To succeed in the Valuation Control Specialist role, you should be highly motivated and have demonstrated an ability to work in a team. You should also be able to work effectively under pressure, multitask, take a proactive approach to all aspects of the role and have an ability to devise creative solutions to issues as they arise whilst maintaining a strategic perspective.
- Strong academic background and at least three to five years' relevant experience gained in a large investment bank or buy-side firm
- Experience in reviewing and analysing Level 3 complex structured trades, which may be gained in a middle office/product control/valuation control function, or in an equity or credit analyst function
- A strong understanding of cash flow modelling, financial statement analysis and structured finance is required
- Exposure to the reserving, pricing and/or modelling aspects of valuation control, knowledge of interest rate, fixed income, credit and FX products and specific exposure to the reserving, pricing and modelling aspects of valuation control of trading businesses is preferred.
- Numerate, articulate and confident with ability to interact effectively with the trading staff and senior management
- Good communication and organisational skills required
- Good working knowledge of Excel and possibly VBA, and hands-on experience of market data providers including Reuters, Bloomberg, ISMA and Market
This global investment bank needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you believe you have the skills required and are open to permanent career opportunities, this is the job for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1215829 Leanne Nettleship