Finance Manager - Governance
Consultant Tim Yap (R1659597)
Date posted 02 November 2016
An exciting opportunity to work as a Finance Manager in the Governance team of a large insurance company in Singapore has just become available. You will review the work of the bank reconciliation and governance team to test the integrity of figures in the balance sheet, and review accounts before sending them to the internal audit team. Interested parties should have a strong grasp of auditing and insurance industry knowledge. ACCA / CPA is peferred but not an absolute must.
About the Finance Manager - Governance Role:
You will be responsible for the preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliation, monthly and annual reporting as well as ensuring proper governance within the Finance function through risk assessment exercise and setting of relevant controls.
Quarterly Balance Sheet Reconciliation (Singapore, Brunei, the company)
- Ensure all exposures are correctly and completely accounted for with explanations properly documented on the exposure
- Monitor and suggest resolutions where possible to ensure long outstanding exposure items are progressively resolved/addressed by process owners
Quarterly Financial Closing Certification
- Complete and coordinate with various stakeholders on the checklist required for financial closing certification sign off within the stipulated timeline given
- Highlight non compliance issues for escalation in a timely manner
APF and Brunei Reporting
- Review monthly APF Statement prepared by Assistant Manager to ensure accuracy in the financial statement by last working day of the month
- Actively look into process improvement for better efficiency and effectiveness
- Review the annual APF financial statement and to liaise with external auditor to ensure statement is prepared in compliance to the GAAP
- Prepare annual financial statement for Brunei reporting to local regulator, liaise with auditors to ensure compliance of IFRS audit
- Review and perform gap analysis of the internal processes which has financial impact to identify potential operational or financial risks
- Participate in setting policies or controls to close the identified controls gaps
- Performance of internal control assessments to ensure process is in compliance to set Policies
- Assist process owners/ stakeholders in identifying risk and control for internal control for reporting
To succeed in this Finance Manager - Governance role, you must be well-versed in accounting and month-end financial closing process.
- In-depth knowledge of internal control principles and risk management practices
- Good working knowledge of insurance regulation and operations
- Good working knowledge of insurance mainframe and SAP
- Strong in Microsoft Excel and Word, Basic Microsoft Access
- Strong analytical, meticulous, investigative and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience in an insurance company or financial related sector
- Qualified CPA with degree in Accountancy or ACCA
This international insurance company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Finance Manager - Governance job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659597 Tim Yap