Consultant Laura Ojinaga (R1981162)
Date posted 11 February 2019 2019-02-112019-04-12 financial-services Singapore 6 Battery Road #22-01 Singapore 049909 SG SGD 7000 49909 49909 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A multinational merchant firm is looking for an in-house M&A Analyst to be part of projects in the Food and FMCG industries.
About the M&A Analyst Role:
The M&A Analyst is responsible for helping the company achieve its ongoing growth plan in the commodities industry. The primary function of this position is business development, mergers and acquisitions encompassing all aspects of an investment project.
Travel is required and varies from month to month depending on project requirements.
- Assist to formulate and value business strategies and lead the development of detailed enterprise valuation models and returns analysis
- Write internal investment memorandums to be presented to senior management
- Assist in the presentation of investment opportunities at different investment committees
- Assist in the negotiations of deals with counter parties
- Lead and/or coordinate due diligence work on potential targets for acquisition
- Lead and/or coordinate with different areas in the company the development of an investment opportunity:
- Work with commercial team to understand & critically analyse business rationale
- Work with Tax, Accounting, Treasury departments to analyse the corresponding implications on an investment opportunity
- Work with Legal to review transaction documents (Shareholder Agreement, Share purchase agreement, etc)
- Work with industrial team to analyse capital expenditures, operating expenditures, maintenance and other industrial definitions
To succeed in this M&A Analyst role, you should have a degree in finance/business/accounting or other similar majors and professional qualification such as CFA or CPA.
- One to three years' experience in transaction advisory/M&A experience across Southeast Asia from Big 4/investment banking/private equity/corporate (agri-trading, feed, etc)
- OR experience in business development (new market development/product development) from consumer brand space with exposure to the downstream investments or similar food/feed ingredients sector
- Strong excel/financial modelling skills, VBA/Coding skills is a plus
- Proficient with word processing and spreadsheet software (i.e., MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
The company is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is cooperative in spirit and the role requires frequent travel but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting M&A Analyst job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1981162 Laura Ojinaga