Salary SGD150000 - SGD160000 per annum
Consultant Charmaine Tan (R1656338)
Date posted 12 July 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Data Analyst job has recently become available at a financial services company in Singapore.
About the Data Analyst role:
As a Data Analyst, you will be tasked with managing all aspects of any new work/project assessments thoroughly from inception to delivery. You will need to build close working relationships with the Chief Data Officer to design and implement specific data requirements based on the bank’s data standards. In addition, you will also work closely with project teams, partners and third party vendors.
- Work closely with business users to understand their data analysis needs/requirements and build specifications that will include clear definition of business value for data analysis, approach for extracting the data required from golden sources and definition of business rules/logic
- Ensure alignment with the bank's data quality management framework (DQMF) to ensure data quality controls, governance and compliance is aligned with the bank’s data strategy and architecture
- Proactively develop use cases for the application of data analytics to meet different business needs; build data models/scenarios and demonstrate to business the possibilities of generating insight
- Partner with system and data owner to establish and document data standards of individual critical data attributes
- Perform data quality controls assessment, identify gaps and follow-up with data owners for remediation
- Responsible for standard/advanced profiling of data attributes to assess data quality
- Conduct gap analysis against the established DQMF to assess levels of adherence
- Support transition of data quality and data governance capabilities into BAU
- Develop a standard set of analytic tools to enable business to perform data analytics
- Provide data readiness reviews before implementation and manage any issues that may arise
- Data visualisation – Use data visualisation skills to provide insights
To succeed in this Data Analyst role, you should have strong competencies in data documentation and analysis.
- Competency in documentation – data dictionary/data modelling/data lineage/business rules/DQ rules/data standards, etc.
- Knowledge of report types - gap analysis/problem analysis/completeness dashboards, etc.
- Knowledge of process/data modelling - 'As Is'/'To Be'/ Visio/Enterprise Architect/Erwin, etc.
- Strong query language skills (SQL, Hive,HBase, ETL)
- Good experience with business intelligence tools and decision support systems
- Strong data analysis skills using Hive, Spark, Python, R, Microstrategy and Tableau
- Proven experience in working with key stakeholders within the business
- Soft skills in communication, negotiation, building relationships, and negotiation
This is a leading global financial services company that needs no introduction.
If you are looking for an exciting next step to advance in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1656338 Charmaine Tan