Business Control Specialist (six-month contract)
Salary SGD5500 - SGD6500 per month + Market Aligned
Consultant ShiHua Goh (R1985549)
Job Ref 1928190/001
Date posted 02 May 2023singapore banking-financial-services/compliance 2023-05-02 2023-06-01 banking Singapore SG SGD 5500 6500 6500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Business Control Specialist (six-month contract) job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking institutions based in Singapore. Working with 12 countries and 19 branches, together with a team located in six different countries in APAC, your role is to implement new automated Test of Controls (TOC), enhance and perform existing TOC essential to review controls effectiveness of GBO processes in the region.
About the Business Control Specialist (six-month contract) Role:
In this business critical role, you will have the opportunity to learn and help enhance controls around payments, cash, deposits, trade finance and credit operations processes across the APAC region.
- Create new and enhance existing Test of Controls (TOC) with automation
- Complete assigned TOC samples within strict deadlines independently
- Perform extensive data analysis and deep dive review for management reporting
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness of testing to identify process gaps, exceptions, and process improvement opportunities
- Support sustainability test for any new and existing audit issues
- Develop comprehensive test scripts and provide training to support new test of controls requirements
- Actively identify and early escalation of control deficiencies and gaps to discuss with line management, and initiate control recommendations.
- Proactively review internal LOB procedures, test scripts, results communication and reporting to ensure adherence to APAC GBO enhanced control guidelines
- Be exposed to multiple line of businesses (LOBs) to develop understanding of Bank end-to-end processes and business acumen
- Maintain up-to-date working knowledge of the bank’s client access products/services, payment and trade capabilities, internal operations and local practices
- Working Hours (9am to 6pm). Some overtime and after-hours work may be required
To succeed in this Business Control Specialist (six-month contract) role, you will need to have good communication skills, Japanese language is a bonus to review client documentations and call logs.
- Minimum of five years in risk management and quality assurance experience
- Knowledge of treasury, trade, credit or similar banking operations processes is required
- Proven experience in process automation with VBA Macro
- Capability to perform extensive data analysis and transform to management reporting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
This is a leading global banking institution. This organisation offers diversity and growth for innovation for all employees which makes it a great place to work and being a part of.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Business Control Specialist (six-month contract) role is right for you. This role offers huge learning opportunities and opens a path into potential new avenues within the global banking operations and the wider organisation.
Apply now or contact me to find out more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1985549 ShiHua Goh
Salary: SGD5000 - SGD6000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 19 May 2023An exciting one-year Client Services Analyst job has just become available at one of the most respected asset management firms based in Singapore. This is a role for a client-focused individual who is passionate in this field.
Salary: SGD60000 - SGD70000 per annumLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 19 May 2023An exciting Securities Settlements Analyst job has just become available at an up and coming Financial institutions based in Singapore. This is a role for an analytical thinker who possesses a passion for Securities operations.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 19 May 2023An exciting 6 month Corporate Actions Analyst job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking institutions based in Singapore. This is a role for an analyst who is fluent in the Corporate Actions and Asset servicing field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 19 May 2023An exciting Equities Trade Support Analyst job has just become available at one of the most respected global financial institutions based in Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 11 May 2023An exciting Trade Processing Officer job has just become available at one of the most respected financial institutions based in Singapore.