Compliance Officer (six-month contract)
Salary SGD7000 - SGD9000 per month + Market Aligned
Consultant ShiHua Goh (R1985549)
Job Ref 1871490/001
Date posted 07 November 2022singapore banking-financial-services/compliance 2022-11-07 2022-12-07 banking Singapore SG SGD 7000 9000 9000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Compliance Officer (six-month contract) job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking institutions based in Singapore. This is a role that will require you to engage with directors, key business stakeholders and international colleagues, including our partners in Compliance in Europe and the U.S. The ability to engage and deliver on key change initiatives is critically important.
About the Compliance Officer (six-month contract) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for all compliance-related topics for the business activities across the Asia Pacific region (excluding Japan). This includes providing the primary compliance support to the local boards and senior management, particularly in Singapore.
- Serve as the principal contact for the Real Estate, Equities, and Global Client Group team members based in Singapore. Establish, enhance and develop existing or new policies and procedures for the business
- Provide regulatory thought leadership, guidance, and drive implementation with respect to the compliance aspects for local regulatory matters and support the Head of Compliance APAC (ex-Japan) with regulatory change throughout the APAC region. Coordinate and leverage additional support where possible from the wider Compliance Europe and APAC team
- Liaise with the business in relation to compliance issues identified and ensuring remedial action points are followed up. Escalate to the Head of Compliance, APAC (ex-Japan) as and when required
- Undertake and issue compliance monitoring reports and various reports to senior management in Singapore and the wider APAC region
- Prepare and update local/regional compliance policies and procedures for APAC
- Assist in delivering the compliance training programme for APAC
- Assist in collation of various money laundering and financial crime documentation and conduct sanctions and PEP screening and coordinate with the wider teams
- Assist in various ad hoc compliance projects and initiatives as required from time to time
- Where appropriate, assist in preparation of reports and submission of reports to various regulators particularly the MAS. This includes support licensing and registration activities
- Oversee portfolio management activities from a second line perspective
- Liaise and develop compliance contacts across affiliates and group compliance
To succeed in this Compliance Officer (six-month contract) role, you will need be dynamic, a self starter and motivated.
- Knowledge of financial regulation in Singapore, preferably related to asset management
- Knowledge of other Asian regulatory regimes is a plus
- Experience working in an Asset Management Compliance function or equivalent (e.g. Law Firm, Regulatory Consultancy, Internal Audit, etc.) in Asia, preferably in Singapore
- Experience working alternative asset classes such as Real Estate, Infrastructure as well as knowledge on Cross-Border Sales and Distribution topics in Asia is preferred
- Comfortable working independently and with minimal supervision
- Good organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks under time pressure
- Good interpersonal skills together with the ability to liaise with all levels of staff and management
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Language: English, further language skills a plus, particularly Mandarin and/or Cantonese due to the nature of the role
- Candidates who require a work visa need not apply
This is a leading global banking institution. This organisation offers diversity and growth for innovation for all employees which makes it a great place to work and being a part of.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Compliance Officer (six-month contract) job.
Apply now or contact me to find out more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1985549 ShiHua Goh
Salary: SGD100000 - SGD120000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 23 November 2022An exciting Investment Compliance (two-year contract) job has just become available at one of the most respected global asset managers based in Singapore. This is a role that will require you to be part of the FOS team and the investment monitoring and coding team. The individual will work closely with the investment compliance team and key business and project stakeholders where there are interdependent deliverables with other streams (systems and processes).
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 09 November 2022An attractive, exclusive VP Compliance (Capital Market) job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore. You will report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer, Asia.
Salary: SGD90000 - SGD120000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 25 November 2022An exciting Investment Operations Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected asset management firms based in Singapore. This is a role for an analyst who is fluent in this field.
Salary: SGD8000 - SGD10000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 22 November 2022An exciting Risk Management (six-month contract) job has just become available at one of the most respected global financial institutions based in Singapore. This is a role that will sit under the COO office in risk management. Depending on performance, this role might get converted to perm.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 03 November 2022An exciting Client Services Advisor job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking institutions based in Singapore. This is a role for a front office focused individual who is a leader in their field.