Legal & Compliance Analyst
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Sabrina Yap (R1879576)
Date posted 08 November 20192019-11-08 2020-01-07 banking Singapore SG SGD 3000 5000 5000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Legal & Compliance Analyst job opportunity has become available at a global energy merchant. The firm has a proven track record in the commodities market and has a strong presence in Asia, Europe and the US.
About this Legal & Compliance Analyst Role:
In this opportunity, you will gain exposure to both the compliance and legal teams - expanding your experience and reach within the firm.
- Assisting in all aspects of work for Asia compliance and legal
- Performing KYC AML checks/onboarding enquiries for service providers/vendors/non-trading banks/vessels, etc.
- Assisting with management of internal onboarding by determining the level of documentation and information required during onboarding depending on risk factors, etc.
- Assisting with ongoing client screening and periodical reviews by monitoring and reviewing daily reports from Thomson Reuters for any changes to counterparties and their directors/owners who have been subject to due diligence searches
- Assisting the Compliance Manager in ensuring onboarding procedures continue to meet legal and best practice obligations
- Analysing different jurisdictions in both a regulated and unregulated environment, including “high risk” jurisdictions with focus on UN, US and EU sanctions
- Assisting with vessel tracking in relation to cargoes, using Thomson Reuters Eikon, ensuring a clear record is kept of vessels, their movements, load and discharge ports, terminals, and jurisdictions that allow traded product
- Assisting with the drafting and/or review of agreements with the assistance of templates (including confidentiality agreements and service agreements)
To succeed in this role, you will have a strong legal or compliance mindset and have a keen interest in developing a career in financial services.
- College/university graduate, ideally with a legal background
- A keen eye for detail, creativity and an eye for spotting areas of improvement
- Confidence to speak up when something is not clear or non-compliant and to take action without specific instruction
- Interpersonal skills to work and communicate well with other members of the compliance and legal team and across the group at various levels
- Strong research skills to look up counterparty information on public online sources
- Strong command of the English language is required
- Strong command of the Chinese language is required to deal with Chinese counterparties and documentation
- Proficiency in Malay/Bahasa Indonesia language will be an asset to deal with Malaysian/Indonesian counterparties and documentation
The client is a leading global commodities group, delivering trading, logistics and financing solutions and services across a wide range of markets. Working with partners around the world, they provide reliable access to markets, improved operational efficiency, and disciplined risk management.
If you have the above skills and experience and are looking to take the next step in your career, this Legal & Compliance Analyst role is for you.
Apply today or email me with a copy of your updated resume.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1879576 Sabrina Yap