VP - Compliance Tuning and Optimisation
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 21 October 20192019-10-21 2019-12-20 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 120000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting VP - Compliance Tuning and Optimisation job has become available at one of the world’s leading financial groups.
About the VP - Compliance Tuning and Optimisation Role:
The candidate will be working closely with the business and the IT team to improve and optimise the systems used within the compliance department. The ideal candidate will have a strong compliance background, particularly in financial crime. The candidate will also have experience in understanding regulatory requirements and adopting a methodical approach in the analysis of data, applying the methodology to the enhancement and optimising the systems used by the bank.
- Drive and project-manage financial crime and core compliance technology work streams including but not limited to those arising from the following areas:
- Transaction filtering
- Customer screening
- Trade finance screening
- Case management
- Lists management
- Systems testing and tuning
- Systems inventory
- Data analytics
- Provide support for developing, tuning, optimising and modifying scenarios, rules, and parameters to improve transaction monitoring and screening systems
- Work closely with business users to enhance operational effectiveness and identify improvements in non-automated components of payment processing and trade finance processes
- Assist the regional head of sanctions in systems-related changes including low to medium impact to systems resulting from self-assessment, audit findings, tests or independent checks and regulatory changes
- Drive smooth operations of the global tuning programme to ensure that systems are being tuned, periodic testing is being performed, regions/local branches are following GFCD technology tuning methodology, etc.
- Provide the Head of GFCD Technology and Head of GFCD Data Governance with a monthly summary of approvals provided to the applicants
- Liaise with technology, operations and the regional and global compliance teams to translate user requirements into clear and consistent functional specifications
- Review test plans for correctness and participate in systems testing from region to cover local and regional requirements
To succeed in this role, you will need a strong understanding of compliance practices and methodologies with a background in data governance or data analytics.
- Broad understanding of banking products and compliance functions in a financial institution
- Previous experience in tuning and optimisation of financial crime and core compliance systems
- Good understanding of transaction filtering, customer screening, transactions monitoring and KYC systems is a must
- Knowledge of SWIFT standards for payment processing systems
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and structured analysis
- Ability to translate user requirements into clear and concise functional requirements
Headquartered in Japan, this organisation has a global network operating in 50 markets. The group offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a growing compliance department for a renowned international bank. This role also offers a very strong development path that will ultimately lead to further opportunities within the organisation.
If you have the above skills and experience and are ready to take the next step in your career, this VP - Compliance Tuning and Optimisation role is for you.
Apply today or email your CV to email@example.com to start a conversation.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon