Legal and Compliance AVP
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 03 October 20192019-10-08 2019-12-02 banking Singapore SG SGD 8000 10000 10000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A newly-created and exciting Legal and Compliance AVP job opportunity has become available at a very well-respected Asian bank. This organisation has a long-term presence in Singapore and is growing, hence the need for a newly-created, dedicated role to manage an increasing workload within the department.
About the Legal and Compliance AVP Role:
Legal and compliance is a department tasked to assist branch senior management to manage the legal and regulatory compliance functions of the Singapore branch. This department is responsible for performing compliance reviews periodic monitoring and reporting on compliance related matters to ensure compliance with Singapore laws and regulations. The department is also responsible for providing the branches with legal counsel. In this role, you will work proactively with and support the Head of L&C Department in the management of the legal and regulatory compliance risks of the Singapore branch covered by L&C department, and in the administration and effective running of the L&C department and ensure its smooth daily operations.
- Perform and to oversee the due and effective performance of customer due diligence (CDD) performed by the front offices as well as the CDD of RMA counterparties of the branch to assure due compliance with Singapore AML/CFT and regulations as well as industry best practices as they evolve from time to time
- Conduct periodic internal compliance reviews or audits for assurance that the branch operates in compliance with Singapore laws and regulations
- Provide independent sound and timely compliance advice to the branch entities on Singapore banking related laws and regulations as well as industry best practices (as they change from time to time)
- Proper maintenance and updates of the compliance policy and procedure manuals of the L&C department in keeping with developments in Singapore law (e.g. AML/ATF manual, compliance manual, insider trading circular, banking secrecy manual, personal data protection policy, related parties transactions manual)
- Promote on-going staff awareness on compliance issues such as in the conduct of the organisation or compliance training to employees across the various departments
- Support the Head of Department in the administration and effective running of L&C Department and ensure its smooth day-to-day operations
- Undertake any other work-related duties that may be assigned by senior management from time to time
- Individual accountability and good conduct: to be fit and proper and lead by example, undertake, assist and support a culture of individual accountability and good conduct within the L&C department
To succeed in this role, you will need to be comfortable working within a lean team who cover all areas of regulatory and financial crime compliance.
- Minimum of five years' work experience in compliance and/or audit in financial services industry, preferably with a corporate banking background
- Degree qualified in either a finance/accounting/law discipline
- Knowledge of the Securities and Futures Act and its relevant regulations and notices
- Ability to work under pressure with good organisational and time management skills
- Strong understanding of Singapore financial crime legislation and regulatory expectations
- Experience liaising with regulators on full range of compliance matters
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work with minimal guidance
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships with employees and external parties
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a growing business for an excellent Asian bank. This role also offers a very strong development path that will ultimately lead to further opportunities within in the organisation.
If you have the above skills and experience and are ready to take the next step in your career, this Legal and Compliance AVP is the role for you.
Apply now or email your CV to email@example.com to start a conversation.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon