Head of Compliance - Wealth Management
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 18 September 20192019-09-18 2019-11-17 banking Singapore SG SGD 250000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A brand new and exciting opportunity is available to join a very well-known and respected Asian bank as Head of Compliance - Wealth Management business. In this job, you will manage all the relevant regulatory and financial crime requirements for the growing wealth management arm.
About the Head of Compliance - Wealth Management Role:
This role will support the group’s Singapore-based group wealth management business, develop and implement compliance risk management strategies for all GWM segments, in particular the Private Wealth (PW) segment, according to the direction and risk appetite of senior management.
- Manage GWM compliance monitoring programmes - develop and guide the planning, proposing, execution and completion of relevant compliance monitoring programmes
- Manage compliance awareness and training programmes for GWM business - develop and guide the planning, proposing, execution, completion and conducting of training programmes
- GWM compliance advisory - supervise, guide and respond to queries on regulatory requirements and AML/KYC matters in relation to GWM business
- Review of GWM/private wealth compliance framework - develop and review the implementation of revisions to GWM/PW compliance framework
- Regulatory, head office and management reporting - supervise the collation of information as requested by regulators, HO and management
- Business process and initiatives - support head compliance in developing and implementing risk-based compliance policies for GWM business according to senior management direction and risk appetite
- Liaison with external parties - liaison with MAS, BNM, CAD, external auditor on GWM-related matters
To succeed in this role, you will need to be comfortable working at a group level and across borders in different jurisdictions.
- More than 10 years' experience in compliance/control functions, including extensive exposure in GWM, in particular the private wealth management environment
- Extensive financial crime exposure required – AML/KYC/CDD client onboarding
- Confident in making strategic decisions
- Must have a strong generalist compliance profile
- Ability to work under pressure, deal with flexible working hours
- Degree graduate (e.g. law, banking, finance) or any other equivalent professional education
- IBF compliance certificate or any other equivalent diploma
- Ability to understand and transform regulations into guidelines, policies and procedures, and undertake respective staff training
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a growing wealth management business for an excellent Asian bank. This role also offers a very strong development path that will ultimately lead to further opportunities within in the organisation.
If you have the above skills and experience and are ready to take the next step in your career, this Head of Compliance - Wealth Management is the role for you.
Apply today or email your CV to email@example.com to start a conversation.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon