VP - Compliance Control Room (Asia)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 15 July 20192019-07-15 2019-09-13 banking Singapore SG SGD 140000 170000 170000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting VP - Compliance Control Room job opportunity is available at an international bank which is expanding their compliance operations in Singapore and throughout Asia.
About the VP - Compliance Control Room Role:
This role is within the Asia Compliance Control Room (CCR) which forms part of the Compliance Standards and Controls Department in the Asian Compliance Office (ACO). You will be working with the Asia CCR Team on CCR core missions: helping managing personal and transactional conflicts of interest and implementing information controls. The Asia CCR Team works with more than 15 countries in the region and is part of the Global CCR team, as there are three other CCRs at MUFG Bank: London, NYC and Tokyo.
- Advising the businesses and countries supported by the Asia CCR team on CCR SME topics (Subject Matter Expert): Conflicts of interest, MNPI (Material Non-Public Information) management, Personal Account Dealing (PAD) and Outside Business Interests (OBI)
- Conducting global conflict checks and ensuring potential conflicting transactions are appropriately escalated and managed
- Information controls-related activities, such as insider registers management, PAD and OBI pre-clearances
- Cooperating with other ACO stakeholders, such as advisory, policy and central compliance teams, as well as delivering training, regional MI and risk assessments related to CCR SME topics
- Constantly streamlining Asia CCR operational processes and improving the systems and databases the team uses
- Staying abreast of developments, such as publicly available transactions and changes in the regulatory environment, which may be useful for day-to-day conflict management activities
- Supporting general compliance activities and other duties, including special projects as assigned. In particular, the candidate will have the opportunity to help the team implement the International Compliance Control Room Enhancement Programme
To succeed in the role, you must have good verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience within a compliance control room preferred, though experience in a business-facing function will be considered
- Minimum seven years' experience in a similar role
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to solve problems pragmatically
- Meticulous, analytical and independent self-starter with proven ability to work and collaborate within teams and deliver on time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Management/Finance or Business Law is preferred
The successful VP will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you have the above skills and experience and are ready to take the next step in your career, this could be an a great opportunity to join a bank undergoing some significant change and enhancement of the Compliance capabilities.
Apply today, call me or drop me an email for a conversation to learn more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon