Senior Audit Manager
Salary Competitive Package
Consultant Alex Martin (R1871250)
Date posted 27 June 20192019-07-02 2019-08-26 banking Singapore SG SGD 170000 210000 210000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This global financial institution is looking for a Senior Audit Manager to cover their large consumer banking organisation in Singapore.
About this Senior Audit Manager Role:
As a team member of the Asia global consumer internal audit team, you will lead a team, contributing to the execution of global consumer banking audits, completion of risk assessments and performing business monitoring in accordance with established methodology and standards.
- Develop and execute a robust audit plan for assigned businesses in accordance with internal audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations
- Deliver on time high quality audit reports, internal audit and regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate), branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting
- Direct complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit plan
- Manage a complex and critical unit within internal audit, including a medium-sized team of internal audit professionals
- Recruit staff, develop talent, build effective teams, and manage a budget
- Apply an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach
- Use excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May be required to negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed
- Demonstrate strong judgement, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Be a source of consulted advice and opinions and be recognised as a leader and role model
- Participate in major business initiatives and pro-actively advise and assist the business on change initiatives
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus
- Mid to senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of consumer products and financial service industry
- Demonstrate experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and "no surprises" approach in communicating issues
- Ability to travel for related audit activity up to 30%
- Possess a broad and comprehensive understanding of different internal audit standards, policies and local regulations; apply a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high-risk areas including consumer banking, regulatory compliance, technology management, project / programme management, and supplier management
- Possess strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, and exhibits initiative and intuitive thinking
This global financial institution is one of the largest banking groups in the world. As a Senior Audit Manager in the consumer banking division - you will be part of a large team with strong rotation possibilities within Singapore and around the world.
Apply now, or call me to discuss this opportunity.