Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 13 May 20192019-05-13 2019-07-12 banking 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters
An exciting opportunity exists to join a global Private Bank who are opening an office in Singapore.
About the Compliance Manager Role:
Reporting to the CEO Singapore and the Head of Legal & Compliance based in the company’s HQ, you are responsible for day-to-day review of Client [B2C & B2B] on-boarding, review of KYC-AML and source of funds, and appropriate CDD files for MAS and Group requirements.
- Establishing and oversight on the implementation of SQPL’s compliance and AML-CFT policies, procedures, systems and controls, including reviewing and updating as appropriate based on MAS and FINMA / Group requirements
- Act as the Compliance liaison point with Group, with regular update calls / communications and documentation of material points
- Provided advice and guidance to the business on international transactions, to ensure operations within the sanctions regime of the UN, OFAC, FATF and UAE rules and procedures
- Provide guidance and education to staff on the appropriate implementation of compliance relevant rules, laws and standards
- Responsible as the appointed MLRO for analysing transactions and where necessary raising STRs to the relevant Singapore authorities
- Monitor effectiveness of the systems, policies and procedures designed to manage compliance risk and proactively assist and make recommendations for improvements to systems, policies and procedure
- Acted as the key contact point for communications with the regulator, build and maintain and effective working relationship with regulator so as to mitigate compliance risk from the firm and the MAS
To succeed in the role, you must strong knowledge of CDD – EDD monitoring.
- Minimum four years’ experience in Legal / Compliance roles with Tier 1 entities in Singapore / internationally in a variety of Client facing (Sales) service and administration roles
- Private Banking experience preferred from mid to large EAM firm
- Demonstrate strong knowledge / experience of on-boarding nuances for Singapore and Asia-Pacific clients, to including HNWIs, Accredited Investors, Expert investors, Institutional clients
- Demonstrate involvement in regulatory audits, inspection visits
- Experience and understanding of client classification >> at on-boarding and on-going monitoring requirements
- Transaction monitoring experience
- Strong knowledge of global AML-CTF requirements, allied to local requirements
- Reporting experience: internal / external , audit / regulatory
The successful Compliance Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you have the above skills and experience and are looking to take the next step in your career, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
Apply today or call me for a conversation to learn more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon