Compliance & Operational Risk Manager
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 15 April 20192019-04-15 2019-06-14 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 80000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting new opening has been released to work within a global online trading provider as a senior compliance and operational risk manager.
About the Compliance & Operational Risk Manager Role:
The position is responsible for managing the compliance and operational risk functions within the organisation in Singapore to ensure adherence to financial services, anti-money laundering and other relevant regulatory requirements, whilst overseeing the management of related compliance and operational risk issues.
- Maintain a compliance framework that adheres to all external regulatory legislation for Group activities within Singapore, whilst implementing and overseeing an effective governance framework for the Singapore office
- Provide ongoing advice to the Business Units with regards to the Group’s regulatory obligations to ensure a high level of understanding
- Promote the benefits of effective compliance management to the business and encourage and support functional Heads to embrace and carry out their responsibilities under the compliance framework
- Monitor functional performance to ensure compliance with legislation and make recommendations concerning any identified incident or breach
- Work with Group Compliance to define key metrics in maintaining a measurement process for practices
- Provide a strong lead in the support of the risk process within the region to identify, assess, treat, report and monitor risks
- Initiate and support roll out of Group and Singapore risk initiatives, including risk software, business continuity, information risk, data protection, insurance, fraud risk and overall risk awareness
- Oversee AML requirements for Singapore, ensuring compliance with required standards and operating practices
To succeed in the role, you shoud have previous experience managing relationships with regulator and industry body representatives.
- Tertiary educated in Economics, Law, Business, Accounting or other suitable qualification
- Minimum three years’ experience in a commercial compliance, risk and/or legal environment
- Understanding of the Singapore regulatory framework for financial services, including the Companies Act, Securities and Futures Act and all relevant MAS circulars
- Knowledge of AML legislation
- Thorough understanding of good compliance and operational risk practice
This company is one of the top names in its niche market. The business succeeds on the speed of its innovation and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company.
If you are a progressive risk professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon