Tax Compliance Manager
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 28 February 2019 2019-02-282019-04-29 financial-services Singapore Singapore SG SGD 8000 12000 12000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting new opportunity to join a highly regarded alternative investment asset manager as a Tax Compliance Manager is now available.
About the Tax Compliance Manager Role:
You will primarily be responsible for tax compliance and reporting matters, including transfer pricing documentation. As a shared service, you will cover Brookfield’s Corporate entities, as well as entities across the four business groups. You will also be involved in providing various tax support functions to the operations in the Asia, with a focus on the Singapore entities.
- Manage and review direct and indirect tax compliance/external tax reporting for Asia
- Preparation and/or review of tax provision packages, deferred taxes, tax accounting figures and tax disclosures for entities in Asia
- Monitor applicable transfer pricing policies and ensure adequate documentation
- Assist with the implementation of tax planning projects and the integration of target companies into the operations and tax processes
- Coordinate internal reporting and provide tax support for operational matters across internal functions in Asia (Accounting, Legal, Treasury, Finance, Compliance, Corporate Secretarial & Business Operations)
- Liaise with the Tax team located globally on reporting and compliance matters
- Monitor changes in tax laws that may impact the firm’s tax positions, including tax accounting implications in Asia
- Manage external tax advisors/ outsourcing arrangements for tax compliance
To succeed in the Tax Compliance Manager job, you must have had experience in any of the Big 4 accounting/tax firm.
- Position requires an individual with a minimum of five years' tax experience in the region
- Ability to understand complex legal structures, regulations and apply judgement
- Basic understanding of tax regimes in Asia and cross-border tax issues
- Experience with tax return computations and tax provision reporting
- Experience managing large complex tax assignments
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Excellent project management skills and applies a pragmatic and efficient approach to handling complex assignments
The firm’s focus is on investing in long-life, high-quality assets across real estate, renewable power, private equity and infrastructure, with over U$330 billion of assets under management. Their growing Asian footprint includes regional offices and/or assets in Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, China and South Korea.
If you are a talented tax professional seeking the right opportunity to take you career forward, this is the role for you. This role offers an excellent opportunity for career development and growth as a tax professional in a highly dynamic and challenging work environment.
If you have the above skills & experience and would like to take the next step in your career, please email me or apply today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon