Director - Compliance Advisory & Oversight (APAC)
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 20 February 2019 2019-02-202019-04-21 banking Singapore SG SGD 210000 220100 220100 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Director - Compliance Advisory & Oversight (APAC) job opportunity is now available to join one of the world’s leading financial groups.
About the Director - Compliance Advisory & Oversight (APAC) Role:
You will act as the primary point of contact in the compliance function for regional business units headquartered in Singapore, provide transnational advice, facilitate stakeholder management for the whole Compliance function and conduct/review Compliance Risk Assessments and Management Information (CRA/MI) to business management.
In addition, you will provide oversight and support to country Compliance Officers and Bank branches, subsidiaries and representative offices in the Asia-Oceania region.
- To support the delivery of ACO strategy and implementation of a robust and structured Compliance Programme in Singapore and AO
- To support Regional Chief Compliance Officer in the performance appraisal of COs and evaluation of the compliance component of the overseas AO units under the Global Balance Score Card framework
- To be a trusted advisor to business management/leadership team on Core Compliance (i.e. Non-Financial Crime) issues and risks. Provide sound advice to business, based on MAS requirements and Bank’s compliance policies and procedures, to support decision making
- To maintain good working knowledge of industry trends, products, relevant laws and regulations, and support in the development of appropriate and practical solutions and processes that are in line with industry best practice
- To conduct and produce monthly CRA/MI. Engage and influence business management on key compliance risks and the actions required. Monitor action plans to ensure compliance gaps are closed in a timely manner to mitigate compliance risk
- To develop and maintain strong stakeholder management with key stakeholders both internally within MUFG Bank and externally. Work in partnership with colleagues in the Head Office to support the implementation of regional projects at a Branch level. Work in partnership with compliance colleagues in ACO/FCOA and in the region to share knowledge, and to provide guidance and advice to business on complex Compliance issues
- To support, guide and oversee country COs of MUFG units in AO in managing and mitigating compliance risks, and strengthening the local compliance framework.
To succeed in the role, prior experience in a compliance advisory role covering Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Transaction Banking and/or Global Markets business is required.
- Degree qualified, with at least eight years' relevant working experience at a financial institution, regulator or audit firm
- Strong knowledge of Corporate Banking and/or Investment Banking products and services. Additional prior experience with Transaction Banking and/or Global Markets will be a plus
- In-depth knowledge of MAS requirements including the Banking Act, Securities and Futures Act and Financial Advisers Act, and their application to the business
- Good understanding of the banking regulatory environment in Asia and Oceania
This international financial services firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you have the above skills and experience and feel you could make a significant contribution in this role, this is the role for you.
Please apply today or drop me an email to start a conversation.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon