Regulatory Compliance Officer
Consultant Sabrina Yap (R1879576)
Date posted 11 February 2019 2019-02-112019-04-12 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 4000 4080 4080 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An intriguing job opportunity as a Regulatory Compliance Officer for the APAC region has just been released with one of the global inter-dealer brokerage firms in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Head of Compliance, APAC, this role is looking for an individual with skillful knowledge of the regulatory compliance space.
About the Regulatory Compliance Officer, APAC role:
In this business critical role, the regulatory compliance officer will be required to liaise with key stakeholders on various levels in order to assist with the implementation and management of Compliance Monitoring Progran in APAC. With strong communication skills, the individual stepping into this role will be required to deliver regulatory advice, and training to the various lines of business.
- Assist the Head of Compliance with regard to strategic direction, culture and activity
- Ensure that businesses receive a true ‘value added’ service from the Compliance function
- Assist with the implementation and management of the Compliance Monitoring Program in APAC
- Provide an active role as a member of the Compliance team, participating in relevant committees, groups and fora as required
- Review and assess any New Business Initiatives
- Carry out face to face training of front office staff and, as required, senior management
- Attend business and control committees as required
To succeed in the Regulatory Compliance Officer role, you will need to be up to date with MAS regulatory requirements and have the ability to implement the requirements into the business. As training of the various lines of business is important to the role, your communication and interpersonal skills will be required.
- Over two years' experience within Compliance / Regulatory law across diverse fields of knowledge
- Broad based compliance experience, covering front office and awareness of back office, settlement and clearing systems
- Strong knowledge of relevant rules and regulations, and relevant industry standards
- Understanding of Wholesale Financial Markets
- Strong team player with positive attitude and self-motivation
- Ability to develop new skills and understand new technology as required
- Good understanding of financial providers and markets
- Motivated self-starter, proactive and able to multi-task in fast moving environment
- Willing to accept responsibility and looking to develop role within growing department with promising growth potential
This global securitization firm plays a pivotal role in the world's financial, commodities and energy markets. With a strong network in both people and technology, they are at the forefront of comprehensive analysis and in-depth knowledge to the market.
If you are passionate about regulatory compliance and interested in implementing changes on the front line, then this would be a great opportunity for you.
Apply today if you are interested in discussing the role further.