Compliance Manager (Contract)
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 07 February 2019 2019-02-072019-03-09 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 8000 10000 10000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A global investment manager is seeking an experienced Compliance Manager to join their team for six months to cover a maternity leave.
About the Compliance Manager Role:
This is a Singapore-based compliance role which is responsible for managing relationship with its financial regulators, advising colleagues on often complex regulatory requirements, monitoring compliance and helping the firm’s asset management entities in Singapore, to manage its regulatory and reputational risks.
- To ensure prompt and effective communication of regulatory requirements, licensing matters, upcoming regulatory changes including changes to regulatory investment restrictions, group and local compliance policies to SIMSL/ SIMNA SG Branch’s Management, Business Heads and Staff
- Communications with regulators and assist in responding to the day-to-day requests from external and internal auditors on regulatory/ compliance matters
- Maintain local compliance manuals which are in line with Group policies as well as international best practices and relevant regulatory requirements. Such as providing compliance advisory on outsourcing arrangements.
- Planning and Execution of Compliance Monitoring Program
- Ensure that the Compliance Monitoring Program is in line with the Global Compliance Monitoring Standard and program is carried out timely and effectively, addressing the key risks identified
- Assist in the planning and execution of Compliance Monitoring Program and prepare reports to management/ stakeholders regarding the recommendations made from the review findings
- To assist the MLRO on anti-money laundering activity within SG Branch, providing support to the business and assistance to senior management in fulfilling their responsibility to establish and maintain effective anti-money laundering systems and controls
To succeed in the Compliance Manager role, you must have a good understanding of global and local regulations impacting asset management firms.
- Degree Holder preferably in Business/ Accountancy
- Candidate should have at least eight years' relevant working experience in asset management set-up
- Confident individual who is an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical with strong problem solving skillset
- Able to work well independently and within a team, in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate with experience in handling private assets, trade surveillance and analytics
This global investment firm is recognised worldwide as is widely regarded as the leader in its field of expertise.
If you have the above skills and experience, this is the role for you.
Please drop me an email or apply today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon