Compliance Officer - VP
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 21 December 2018 2018-12-212019-02-19 banking Singapore SG SGD Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting new role is available to join a Japanese wholesale bank as a VP Compliance Officer. The role would suit an experienced compliance professional who has a background in corporate/wholesale banking.
The remit of the role will be to lead, undertake, assist & support the Department in its efforts to shift from mechanistic compliance towards a culture of individual accountability and good conduct. Such themes can be characteriesed by some of the following indicators; proper conduct, a right and ethical approach, being accountatble for the actions of surbordinate staff, and a commitment to embed and cascade down the right mindset for risk ownership, ethical behaviour, professionalism, responsible risk taking and the promulgation of good practices that promote sound industry norms.
- To work proactively with the Head of Department and staff of L&C Department as a team in the management of the regulatory compliance risks of the Singapore branch.
- To advise and be accountable for the provision of independent sound and timely compliance advice
- To oversee and have responsibility for the Branch ‘s regulatory risk management framework of controls managed by L&C Department such as:
- anti-money laundering anti-terrorism financing policies and procedures;
- personal data protection risk management policies and procedures;
- FATCA (Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act) related policies and procedures; and
- securities and insider trading policies and procedures.
- To independently conduct periodic internal compliance reviews or audits.
- To perform and to oversee the due and effective performance of Customer Due Diligence (“CDD”) performed by the front offices as well as the CDD of RMA counterparties of the Branch
- To be accountable for the proper maintenance and updates of the compliance policy and procedure manuals of the Department
- To review the internal policy and procedure manual
- To promote on-going staff awareness on compliance issues such as conducting or organizing compliance training to employees
- At least 10 years’ experience in a Compliance function, preferably leading a team.
- Solid experience in a similar role in banking, audit or risk assurance
- Strong knowledge Singaporean banking legislation BA, FCA, PDPA etc.
- Extensive experience in regulatory compliance, AML, KYC in the financial services industry
- Degree in Law / Banking / Finance or equivalent disciplines
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills with leadership qualities
- Hands-on approach, self-motivated, result oriented, and ability to work effectively with people from all levels
If you have the above skills and experience in compliance and are looking to take the next step in your career, then apply today or drop me an email.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon