VP - Financial Crime Compliance - Business Line Advisory
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 21 November 2018 2018-11-212019-01-20 financial-services 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A new VP - Financial Crime Compliance - Business Line Advisory job based in Singapore has just become available at a leading financial services institution.
About the VP - Financial Crime Compliance - Business Line Advisory Role:
Business Line AFC drives divisional and cross-regional harmonisation of AFC for the bank’s businesses by facilitating the development of globally consistent strategies and responses to issues and supporting cross-regional initiatives.
You will be part of the Business Line AFC Team of APAC covering the Corporate & Investment Banking division. The team is part of the Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) function and provides advice on AFC matters to the business and to the country AFC Team to ensure the bank complies with its global Anti-Financial Crime Policies and Procedures.
- Provide leverage to the Regional Head of Business Line AFC and other AFC teams to develop and implement consistent strategies and scaled solutions to manage financial crime risk while working across the business, AFC, Compliance and other infrastructure partners
- Lead the APAC Fintech AFC program attending the Fintech Working Group, performing on-site client visit when necessary and working closely with the Business and Client Intelligence Unit in on- boarding, providing advice during the client life cycle.
- Provide anti-financial crime advice to the business on global cases, transactions and strategic product, client or other business initiatives and policy application, leveraging AFC subject matter experts
- Provide support to the Regional Head of Business Line AFC who acts as senior point of contact on regional client financial crime risk matters, assisting AFC teams across on regional client multi-jurisdictional adoptions, reviews and escalations
- Draft and help to distribute communications to stakeholders regarding AFC requirements due to evolving regulations, policies and best practices
- Assist to design and execute automated IT solutions to mitigate financial crime risk
- Create briefing materials and information for the team to represent the team AFC on business and risk committees, regular EMEA update calls
- Participate to Industry Risk Panel/Working Group when delegated
To succeed in this VP - Financial Crime Compliance - Business Line Advisory role, you should have prior experience in financial crime and excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in financial crime, banking, particularly in a global transaction banking environment
- Knowledge of the fintech/MSB Industry would be a plus
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities to meet organisational and business needs
- Able to work under pressure, within tight deadlines
- Proactive self-starter, solutions and results oriented; organised
- Excellent communication skills
This is a leading financial services organisation that needs no introduction.
If you are a seasoned professional with the skills and experience as described above, this could be a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your career. Apply today or contact me to discuss further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon