Senior Compliance Officer
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-29 banking 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
An exciting Senior Compliance Officer job based in Singapore has just become available within the compliance department of a respected private bank.
About the Senior Compliance Officer Role:
The mission of the compliance function is to ensure adherence to rules, regulations, internal directive, and ethical values to maintain and safeguard the good reputation and integrity of the bank, its employees, management and board.
In this role, you will contribute to the effective and efficient management of compliance matters in a fast-changing regulatory landscape.
- Compliance monitoring (systematic identification, review and monitoring the compliance risks)
- Risk management – work proactively with and advise the business to manage compliance risk – support and advise management in connection with its responsibility for the management of compliance risk
- Relationship management / compliance awareness (increase awareness and culture of trust, accountability, transparency and integrity)
- Develop and maintain a relation of trust and mutual understanding with the supervisory authorities and other stakeholders if applicable
- Advise the senior management of emerging compliance issues and collaborate in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks
- Participate in the development and on-going maintenance of the Compliance program ensuring regulatory requirements
- Participate in the management of internal control reviews including risk assessment of compliance areas operation internal controls and supports the development and implementation of processes to strength internal controls
- Provide compliance advice and guidance to firm investment professionals or relationship managers
To succeed in this Senior Compliance Officer role, you should have at least 10 years' experience in compliance.
- Degree or equivalent and/or appropriate professional qualification
- At least 10 years' relevant experience in compliance
- Ability to communicate at executive level and externally with regulatory authorities
- Strong exposure in dealing with a broad range of compliance issues
- Previous experience in private banking and/or working experience with regulators (MAS, CAD) preferred
- Experience engaging with senior stakeholders and managing expectations
This is a reputable private bank that needs no introduction.
If you are an experienced professional with the above skills and experience, this Senior Compliance Officer job opportunity could be the next step in your career.
Apply today or call me for a conversation.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon