VP - Sanctions & Embargoes
Consultant Gavin Izon
Date posted 25 October 2018 2018-10-252018-12-24 banking 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
A new VP - Sanctions & Embargoes job based in Singapore has just become available at an international investment bank.
About the VP - Sanctions & Embargoes Role:
The Sanctions & Embargoes programme for this international investment bank is aimed at ensuring that its staff fully comply with all applicable sanctions and embargoes. For this purpose, it has established a global organisation with dedicated rights and responsibilities. The Sanctions & Embargoes programme has been implemented globally and throughout all business divisions via the internal Global Sanctions Policy.
- Support the APAC Regional Head of Sanctions in protecting the bank from legal, regulatory and reputation risk with regard to business involving sanctioned entities and / or countries
- Leading the APAC Policy & Governance team in performing the following:
- Implementation of the internal Sanctions Policy in the region, and ensure alignment and consistency with global requirements, including sanctions risk acceptances and reporting of potential breaches
- Advise and interact with internal stakeholders on regional interpretation and implementation of the bank's Global Sanctions Policy, including supporting sanctions-related aspects in deal team activities (e.g. drafting of sanctions clauses) and adoption of new clients/client reviews
- Provide assistance to local Anti-Financial Crime teams in their response to queries from respective regulatory authorities as well as internal/external auditors regarding sanctions-related observations/ findings
- Participation in Change-The-Bank projects and provide SME inputs from the regional perspective
- Monitor the global and regional sanctions regulatory developments; propose potential policy adjustments within the bank
- Definition and management of Regional Sanctions & Embargoes procedures, in support of policy implementation
To succeed in this VP - Sanctions & Embargoes role, you should be familiar with sanctions laws and regulations in the APAC region.
- Familiarity with sanctions laws and regulations applicable in APAC as well as international programs of the United States, European Union and United Nations in order to provide overall legal guidance on sanctions risk issues
- A strong background in a multinational financial institution or law firm in a comparable function or having served for the competent regulator or governmental authority (in sanctions or the wider anti-financial crime sector)
- A very good knowledge of the banking industry and the respective product spectrum of an international corporate and investment bank
- Flexible, able to address compliance and business demands in a constantly changing international legal and regulatory environment
- Able to act independently but also work as part of a team within the sanctions function
- Prepared to take decisions on the basis of facts and in consideration of all internal and external regulatory requirements and expectations
- A strong communicator across all levels in a multinational environment and able to provide guidance for the various stakeholders within the bank
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
This is a leading international investment bank. If you are an experienced professional with the above skills and experience and are looking to take the next step in their career, this VP - Sanctions & Embargoes role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon