AVP - Business Intelligence Unit
Consultant Gavin Izon
Date posted 25 October 2018 2018-10-252018-12-24 financial-services 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
A new AVP - Business Intelligence Unit job based in Singapore has just become available at a leading bank.
About the AVP - Business and Intelligence Unit Role:
You will be part of the Business Intelligence Unit and provide research and due diligence on 'sensitive clients' to the bank's businesses and committees globally. The due diligence should support the bank to make informed decisions about any legal, financial, regulatory or reputation risks presented by ‘sensitive clients’. The research should be based upon a range of credible data sources and analysis by a centralised team of multilingual researchers and analysts.
- Provide regional expertise as part of a global Business Intelligence Unit with focus on the assessment and ongoing monitoring of ‘sensitive clients’
- Support Regional Head of Business Intelligence Unit APAC by providing timely and accurate reporting and advice, including Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), specific sectoral reviews and ad hoc macro-economic trend analysis
- Act as key point of accountability for research into reputation risk, including criminal, political and security risks, associated with the bank's dealings in APAC region
- Provide administrative and linguistic support to Regional Head of BIU
- Identify, establish and maintain a database of accessible and reliable Business Intelligence resources
- Produce demonstrably well-researched reports, including clear indications of sources used by means of detailed attribution
- Provide comprehensive review of local language sources by continual assessment, evaluation of new sources
- Act, where appropriate, as a point of contact and subject matter expert to Anti-Money Laundering compliance and the business on high-risk sensitive clients, assisting in the provision of periodic management information as required for APAC region
To succeed in this AVP - Business Intelligence Unit role, you should have prior relevant experience in research, analysis and report writing.
- Six to eight years' relevant experience in research, analysis and report writing
- Graduate calibre with relevant APAC regional expertise and language skills
- Familiarity with a wide range of external data sources and third party systems to be covered as part of the due diligence process
- Must be robust, credible, with an ability to grasp complex issues quickly
- Must have excellent analytical and report writing skills
This is a leading bank that needs no introduction.
If you are an experienced professional with the above skills and experience and would like to take the next step in your career, this AVP - Business Intelligence Unit role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon