Consultant Timothy Klimcke (R1221535)
Date posted 03 October 2018 2018-10-032018-11-27 financial-services 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A new Compliance Manager job based in Singapore has just become available at an industry-leading investment manager. The firm is seeking an exceptional individual to be an integral part of helping the business achieve its goals in the region.
About the Compliance Manager Role:
Reporting to the Head of Legal & Compliance, you will operate within a lean team and work closely with the business to ensure that decisions and processes are compliant with all regulations in a variety of jurisdictions.
- Implement policies and procedures across the Company’s offices, Funds and underlying Fund Platform investments
- Provide staff training in accordance to the policies and procedures
- Develop and implement appropriate operational risk management framework
- Make recommendations to senior management for improvements of controls, reports, and procedures required to maintain a robust compliance framework
- Update policies and procedures; draft new policy documents where required
- Liaise with the Fund Administrators on funds’ investors on-boarding – KYC documentation review and completion of compliance checklist
- Conduct AML/KYC ongoing monitoring and risk-assessment review; sanctions and adverse news screening
- Monitor and maintain AML/KYC/FATCA logs and filings to ensure timely and accurate reporting including responding to queries on the same
- Management of trademark applications, filing and registrations
- Preparation of compliance reports for board and Risk and Compliance meetings
- Ad-hoc project work and support to the Group General Counsel as required
To succeed in this Compliance Manager role, you should be a self-starter and comfortable liaising with senior-level stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and with deadlines
- Previous experience conducting compliance monitoring and testing against regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, etc. (i.e. breach and incident monitoring and reporting, AML, personal account trading)
- Comfortable coordinating, prepare and submit the regulatory filings, reports, applications and notifications across multiple jurisdictions, keeping abreast of upcoming regulatory changes
This is a great Compliance Manager opportunity with an industry leading investment manager that will allow you to help develop and run compliance within a fast paced and dynamic environment.
If you are driven and looking for a step-up in your career, this Compliance Manager role will be a good opportunity for you.
Apply today or contact me for a confidential discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1221535 Tim Klimcke