Head of Compliance
Consultant Timothy Klimcke (R1221535)
Date posted 04 September 2018 2018-09-042018-11-02 banking 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Head of Compliance job based in Singapore has just become available at a global wealth management company. You will provide leadership in the compliance function and assist/advise the Singapore wealth management business in a way which meets the current and prospective regulatory standards.
About the Head of Compliance Role:
As the Head of Compliance for the Singapore business, you will advise senior management in managing the wealth management business in a way which meets the current and prospective regulatory standards set by the Division and the Group, regulators and expected by clients.
You will collaborate closely with the senior management team locally and within the Division and Group, including Group Internal Audit and act as the principal contact for the MAS.
You will report directly to the Global Head of Compliance and have a dotted line to the Country CEO here in Singapore.
- Have primary responsibility for providing advice and support to the staff and management in meeting both local and global compliance standards, identifying regulatory changes and propose required actions and assisting management in making appropriate management decisions in the light of key compliance issues, risks and priorities
- Agree on an Annual Plan for undertaking periodic surveillance reviews of compliance arrangements, reporting any findings to senior management, as per the Global Compliance Charter, and tracking the resolution of the issues identified; be proactive in identifying compliance risk areas
- Assist in the undertaking of periodic thematic compliance monitoring reviews as arranged with the Head of Compliance Monitoring, Wealth Management
- Oversee the management of and have primary responsibility for the recording and reporting of complaints and breaches
- Maintain positive and effective relationships with regulators and assist in responding to the day-to-day requests from external and internal auditors on regulatory/ compliance matters
- Identify money laundering risks and document the company's risk profile and risk management policies and procedures
- Implement a local risk framework, in collaboration with WM Divisional Risk, to include effective governance and reporting structure
- Act as the local risk manager, providing support and advice on risk issues locally, collaborating and coordinating with WM Divisional Risk as necessary
- Contribute to projects regarding compliance, AML, legal and risk and control aspects
To be considered and relevant for this Head of Compliance role, you will a proven track record of compliance/risk-related experience and good communication skills.
- Proven track record of compliance and risk related work experience within the wealth management and or private banking industry
- Excellent knowledge of MAS regulatory framework, AML/CFT and any other relevant regulations
- Able to understand and transform regulations into guidelines, policies and procedures, and undertake respective staff training
- Very good communication and presentation skills; able to apply and explain complex regulation in a clear, principled and business focused manner; able to communicate at a professional level with people at different levels, seniority, style and motivation
- Comfortable working under tight time-frames and pressure
- Enthusiastic approach to work and highly motivated
This wealth management firm is focused on delivering tailored portfolio management and wealth planning, together with a number of other services.
If you're looking for a chance to step up or take on a leadership role and feel ready for an exciting new challenge with a great wealth management company, this job will be a good fit for you.
Apply now or reach out to me for a confidential discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1221535 Tim Klimcke