Salary SGD120000 - SGD150000 per annum
Consultant Jerica Zhang (R1872587)
Date posted 13 July 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting opportunity with a leading european bank has been made available for the role of an Anti-Money Laundering Officer (AML Officer). This will be a VP position, reporting into the Head of AML, APAC, based in Singapore.
About the AML Officer Role:
This Anti-Money Laundering Officer (AML Officer) will be a VP position, reporting into the Head of AML, APAC, based in Singapore. The role is part of the department responsible for managing AML risk, and ensuring related processes are in place and that all policies, procedures and guidelines conform to internal Bank policies and applicable regulations. The operations in Singapore include a Branch and capital markets services licensees.
- Assist in the Group & divisional AML/ KYC implementation, working closely with Client On-boarding colleagues in Wealth Management Division
- Approve/escalate client relationships escalated by the local on-boarding staff
- Assist in the maintenance of the Singapore or entity-level AML policies, procedures and AML Compliance program
- Assist in validation of the AML Monitoring parameters and Transaction Screening databases
- Review New Product Approval requests and smart sourcing initiatives for Singapore where appropriate
- Assist in the fulfilment of information requests from regulators
- Assist in the STR process to investigate AML Transaction Monitoring and other alerts, and ensure timely reporting & logging of suspicious transactions in Singapore
- Providing or assisting the provision of training on local regulatory requirements and internal policies, along with producing training materials
To succeed in this role, you must have the ability to work independently and prioritise tasks under pressure.
- More than 10 years of technical AML knowledge skills and experience, and demonstrated hands-on experience
- Understanding one or more of the business areas of investment banking, corporate banking, trade finance, asset management and/or wealth management, and risk profile of each category
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Degree qualified
- Relevant AML or related certifications (desirable) - CAMS, CFE, IntDipAML, etc
This is a global financial institution with diversified financial services and multiple business segments, and promotes diversity and inclusion for all employees, which makes it a great place to work and to be a part of.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step towards a rewarding career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting AML Officer role.
Apply today to discuss this role further!
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1872587 Jerica Zhang