Assistant Director, Compliance
Salary SGD120000 - SGD150000 per annum
Consultant Jerica Zhang (R1872587)
Date posted 12 July 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Assistant Director, Compliance job has just been made available at a leading asset management firm. This is a role for mid to senior-level candidates with at least 12 years' compliance experience in a similar set-up.
About this Assistant Director, Compliance role:
In this role, you will be reporting to the Compliance Director of Investment Advisory, providing an advisory and relational role to public and private investment teams (including multi-asset classes, PEs and infrastructure investments).
- Provide pragmatic compliance advice to the regional investment teams and implement local and global regulations relevant to the investment processes
- Advise and ensure compliance with related reporting requirements arising from investor registrations (e.g. RQFII and FPI)
- Lead key regulatory projects to support the firm's regional investment hub
- Operate information barrier controls and carry out monitoring checks (including conflict checks) between the public and private investment teams
- Compliance review of private side investment deals and participate in the review of investment related documentations
- Develop and monitor the implementation of compliance policies and procedures that are conducive to a positive compliance culture and in line with Group and HQ standards as well as international best practices
- Help ensure an effective compliance infrastructure is established to support regional investment set-up
- Identify and fulfil timely compliance training needs (Singapore and other relevant overseas regulations)
- Support compliance reporting including reports to senior management, the audit committee and firm's HQ
To succeed in this Assistant Director, Compliance role, you should have more than 10 years' experience in compliance with a good understanding of global and local regulation impacting investment activities.
- Minimum 12 years' experience as a compliance professional in a regional or global asset management set-up (of which at least eight years should involve investment compliance advisory work covering both public and private investments)
- At least 3 - 5 years' experience in operating information barrier controls and monitoring checks between public and private investment teams
- Experienced in advising on different asset classes, particularly alternative investments
- Good understanding with global and local regulations especially regulations impacting investment activities
- Confident individual with strong interpersonal skills, with a global and forward outlook
- Resilient in dealing with multiple initiatives and challenges
- Strong ability to manage and interact with local, regional and global stakeholders
This asset management firm has a large presence in this region and encourages internal mobility. If you are a driven compliance professional who is ready to explore new challenges, this role is for you.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1872587 Jerica Zhang