Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 25 November 2016
A new contract Compliance Advisor role has just become available at a large, global retail banking institution in Singapore.
About the Compliance Advisor Role:
You will be required to provide support and advice to Retail Banking (“RB”) on regulatory issues and risks to ensure that Business can operate to the highest standards of conduct by meeting regulatory requirements and adhering to the ethical policies and standards with on-going monitoring and reporting on regulatory reforms and risk issues and Compliance Monitoring reviews.
Support Compliance Initiatives
- Monitor regulatory reforms and Compliance risk issues via RRMI, internal and external audit reports and other MIs, and follow up to ensure that appropriate actions are taken to implement new / changed laws and regulations and to resolve risk issues
- Establish an inventory of regulatory reforms at a global and country level, monitor implementation progress of such regulatory reforms and establish framework for ongoing maintenance of the inventory
- Provide support in highlighting regulatory reforms and risk issues for Compliance dashboards for presentation to business leaders
- Create and input a sustainable database for Retail Banking outsourcing initiatives including independently reaching out to stakeholders to ensure that the content and quality of the information provides a significant value add
- Train Compliance team members to input into the database on an ongoing basis
- Guide Country stakeholders to complete the Information Retention Schedule
- Assist in engagements with Global Process Owners to map process related documents/ information to the Retention schedules of the Group Policy & Procedures
- Provide support in management and roll out of Group RB Compliance policies and procedures in country
- Provide compliance support for diverse Group RB initiatives
- Assist for Compliance trainings to be rolled out and timely completed by target audiences
To succeed in this Compliance Advisor role, you will need to have an excellent knowledge of financial products and laws and regulations.
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum four years in the financial services or related professional services industries, preferably in Compliance or with a financial services regulator
- Professional qualifications in law, accounting and/or finance (preferable but not necessary)
- Direct experience in managing detailed compliance and banking processes
- Experience in audit or operational risk management is a plus
- Highest level of integrity and self-motivated
- Strong analytical mindset, risk-based thinking, and the ability to analyze regulations to ascertain both compliance and business implications
- Be able to work under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse stakeholders
- Excellent listening and problem solving skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills is a pre-requisite
- Experience in Microsoft SharePoint would be a clear advantage
The successful candidate will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are an experienced, flexible compliance professional who is able to seamlessly transition to a busy office and deliver excellent service, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon