Salary SGD5000 - SGD6000 per month
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 25 November 2016
An contract Compliance Officer opportunity has just become available in a renowned global banking institution.
About the Compliance Officer Role:
Based in Singapore, the Compliance professional will assist in managing the Firm’s regulatory risk and will help to preserve the Firm’s franchise through ensuring and monitoring Business and Infrastructure Units’ compliance with laws, regulations, rules and internal policies and procedures.
- Licensing - Advise and assist the business units with all licensing queries and requests as well as guide the team assistant on licensing process
- Advisory - Provide advice either independently or with other team members on regulatory compliance issues
- Desk Reviews and Monitoring - Monitor compliance with laws, regulations and rules and the Firm’s policies, procedures and standards by conducting periodic desk reviews of the firm’s activities, through interviews and test checks, and helping to prepare reports of findings or results and following up on issues identified
- Prepare and submit regular and ad-hoc regulatory reports
- Assist in the maintenance of Compliance documentation including business unit manuals, Compliance Notices, Rules Database, which is a comprehensive database of the rules that the Firm must observe
- Provide training to both professionals and support staff of the Business and Infrastructure Units, as required
- Assist in monitoring for regulatory changes, analyzing their impact and communicating such changes to relevant staff
- Assist in dealing with regulatory inspections and internal/external audits, as well as any ad-hoc regulatory inquiries
To be successful in this Compliance Officer role, you must possess at least five years’ relevant working experience in the financial services industry in compliance or with a securities exchange or securities regulator.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, thoughtful and good instincts
- Eye for detail
- Proactive and independent
- Good teamwork skills
The successful candidate will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are an experienced, flexible Compliance professional who is able to seamlessly transition to a busy office and deliver excellent service, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon