Senior Compliance Officer
Salary SGD120000 - SGD140000 per annum
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 25 November 2016
An exciting Senior Compliance Officer / Compliance Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected fund management companies in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Head of Code of Ethics & Compliance Controls, this is a role for an experienced professional who has proven track record in Financial Services Compliance.
About the Senior Compliance Officer Role:
The Corporate Services team provides cooperative, collaborative and comprehensive support to our investment professionals. Multi-faceted teams deliver the core capabilities in trading and investment operations, risk control, human resources, communication and asset management. The Legal and Compliance Department (LCD) manages the legal, regulatory and compliance risks. LCD partners with the business to ensure that such issues and risks are dealt with in a considered and timely manner. In the course of your work, you can expect to work with top international and local law firms.
- Implement Financial Crimes Compliance (AML/CFT, sanctions compliance and Anti-Corruption) policy, including conduct compliance training, develop appropriate processes and procedures, perform due diligence and risk assessment of relevant business counter-parties, and support the relevant reporting requirements as necessary
- Advise and support stakeholders in managing a broad spectrum of compliance issues including policies in the Compliance Manual and Code of Ethics covering conflicts of interest, compliance with insider trading rules and regulations, information barriers, and financial crimes compliance
- Conduct training on company compliance policies
- Partner stakeholders in addressing and resolving compliance issues
- Perform monitoring or surveillance as required under the relevant compliance policies
- Monitor industry best practices and global regulatory developments in relation to financial crimes, insider trading and conflicts of interest
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk
- Assist in formulating, reviewing and implementing compliance policies
To succeed in the Senior Compliance Officer / Compliance Manager job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior stakeholders.
- A Bachelor's degree with good academic results from a good university, preferably in Accounting, Business, Finance or related discipline
- At least four to eight years’ of relevant compliance experience in the financial services industry
- Certification as an AML specialist with a recognised institution / association and/or experience in financial crime compliance will be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and clear thought process abilities; diligent with attention to details
- Good working knowledge of the investment management industry and/or financial products and financial market processes
- A proactive and highly-motivated person who is able to work both independently and as a member of the team
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
This firm is a Singapore institution with as strong and respected history. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Compliance / Compliance Manager position.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon