Compliance Advisory Officer
Consultant Leanne Nettleship (R1215829)
Date posted 24 November 2016
A contract Compliance Advisory Officer role has just become available at a reputable global bank to support a maternity leave. Your role focuses on private banking advisory matters, assisting the Singapore business to promote and manage the culture and practice of compliance applicable to legal and regulatory requirements.
About the Compliance Advisory Officer role:
You will advise the business and promote best practices and company policies, as aligned to the Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”), the ASEAN region, and the cross-border implications across various booking centres.
- Provide a pro-active advisory and consultancy service to the business on compliance and regulatory issues
- Support the business in establishing and monitoring appropriate arrangements, conducting relevant training, etc. for meeting legal and regulatory obligations and high standards of conduct of business, in accordance with group, private bank compliance policies and procedures as well as local standards
- Assist in the development, implementation and regular review of policies and procedures on compliance risks and issues that are material to the business
- Establish an effective interface with group private bank legal & compliance, local legal and compliance teams, group internal audit, operational risk, and other relevant functions / stakeholders to ensure compliance weaknesses are identified and addressed
- Ensure data protection and client confidentiality
- Problem-solving and crisis management over critical issues that have a compliance or regulatory impact on the Business
- Identify and implement laws and regulations applicable to private bank SG, with the exception of prudential and accounting laws and regulations
- Develop policies, procedures and processes designed to minimise compliance and regulatory risk, and benchmark against best industry practice
To succeed in this role, you must posses a Bachelor's degree with major in Accounting, Finance, Economics and/or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years of compliance experience in banking industry or regulatory body, with a strong preference for private banking experience
- Familiar with FAA, SFA & Banking Act and related regulations
- Cross border knowledge is advantageous
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, self motivated, and decisive
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work effectively with various business units
The successful Compliance Advisory Officer will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you believe you have the relevant Private Banking Compliance Advisory experience for this contract, please get in touch, I would be very interested to have a discussion with you.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1215829 Leanne Nettleship